DFW Mustang Forums banner

clutch ?

337 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  juiced86stang 
#1 ·
my throw out bearing is going out so i am just going to replace the clutch as well what is the best clutch to use? it is a 99 gt w/373 gears and a 100 shot as soon as i fix the clutch. and i wanted to know the best place to have it done i drive my car daily to work and such so i cant have it gone for more than a day. i could use all the help. i just want something to last longer than the damn stock one and sticks a whole lot harder.

#6 ·
centerforceDF grabs like a sum bitch at the track, but doesn't like all the daily driving. As the guy at Centerforce put it, "they are designed for full engagement or no engagement, sometimes daily driving involves some partial engagement that degrades product" I drove mine for about 1000 miles before racing and promptly grenaded it on the third pass.

I then changed to a Ram900 with no problems, although I would prefer the DualFriction's pressure plate. I would suggest the combo of the Ram900 disk with the CenterfoceDF plate.

#7 ·
Slim can do your clutch. That is what he mostly does up there. Give him a call. His number is on the ads up top. I got the centerforce in mine and love it. I catch 1.5 60ft all day long and never had any problems out of the clutch. I even broke an axle with this clutch. The ram 900 is also a good choice.

#10 ·
is there not any places that can make you a clutch up there. here in waco I had one made and it was cheaper that a new king cobra if you want to call this place in waco and all you have to do is tell them what you want or tell them what you are doing with the car and they can come up with some bad ass stuff

(254) 752-4307
you cant go wrong going to this place. just give em a call and find out for your self

#12 ·
I have over 30,000 miles on one of my centerforce dual friction clutches and almost 8000 miles on the other. Both work great & are excellent for daily driving. Sure, the clutch pedal is a bit stiff, but the clutch engages and disengages smoothly without any chatter.

G
#13 ·
Five Point Slow said:
Ram 900

But if you want to do it right, i prefer Centerforce Dual Friction.
I actually agree with you FPS. Centerforce Dual Friction is the shit when it comes to clutches. Kinda pricey, but well worth it. My CF D/F has roughly 30k miles of street-driving on it, and it hooks like mad. No drivability issues. Oh, and the clutch pedal is much softer than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.