·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running a chip in their foxes? if so what kind. TIA

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
I have a Shiftmasters EEC Tuner Chip in mine, it allows me to change any setting in the stock computer with a laptop computer.

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much was that? I just have tha basic heads, cam and intake. I dont know if if i need that much.

·
Frequent Flyer
9,148 Posts
AutoLogic

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mavs79 said:
twEECer and never look back!
-mason w.
What kind of mods does everyone have with their chips. I called a place and they said on foxes they just dyno it, adjust timing and air/fuel... no need for a chip

·
Registered
87 Posts
The computer can adapt to your changing the fuel pressure by adjusting how long the injector stays open , etc, thus making your fuel pressure changes worthless. Some sort of tuning device is a necessity if you have a modified car. http://www.tweecer.com/
-mason w.

·
Frequent Flyer
9,148 Posts
Had a Vortech with heads, cam, intake.

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anybody used or known anybody that has used Casper Electronic Plug-in better throttle response.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
TurboASR said:
How much was that? I just have tha basic heads, cam and intake. I dont know if if i need that much.
EEC Tuner is cheaper than a Tweecer and does the same exact thing.

I'd HIGHLY recommend that anyone buying a chip either buy the EEC Tuner or a Tweecer.

The only thing stock on my engine is probably the Brackets for the accessories.

The EEC Tuner allowed me to remap my MAF meter settings to match my engine, allowed me to change the fuel curve, again to match my engine, allowed me to cure the hot start issue with having larger injectors on the car, and allowed me to adjust the spark curve inconjuction with my boost. I can change the rev limiters, how much timing my car has, how much fuel it can have, how long injectors pulse, how to interpret the 02 Sensors (Especially if you have long tube headers), tell the computer I have no EGR, No Smog pump, etc. (You can do all these things with a tweecer also.)

I just dont like chips that you plug in and have no ability to adjust them.

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dacotua said:
EEC Tuner is cheaper than a Tweecer and does the same exact thing.

I'd HIGHLY recommend that anyone buying a chip either buy the EEC Tuner or a Tweecer.

The only thing stock on my engine is probably the Brackets for the accessories.

The EEC Tuner allowed me to remap my MAF meter settings to match my engine, allowed me to change the fuel curve, again to match my engine, allowed me to cure the hot start issue with having larger injectors on the car, and allowed me to adjust the spark curve inconjuction with my boost. I can change the rev limiters, how much timing my car has, how much fuel it can have, how long injectors pulse, how to interpret the 02 Sensors (Especially if you have long tube headers), tell the computer I have no EGR, No Smog pump, etc. (You can do all these things with a tweecer also.)

I just dont like chips that you plug in and have no ability to adjust them.
Thanx a lot do they have a web site?

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
found it thanx

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
92lxstang said:
I am going to be getting an SCT Chip soon for mine.
why not a eec-tuner? it looks more cost effective

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
TurboASR said:
why not a eec-tuner? it looks more cost effective
Because I know of a good SCT tuner. I don't want to be messing with tuning the car all the time. I want to get it tuned by a professional and not have to bother with it.

·
VTEC not VTECH
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any shops in DFW area work with eec-tuner?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts