DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get enough of these. Anybody else like them? They are nothing like a liver. I've heard people say they are gross. I don't know why. I think they think they are chicken testicles.

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
I love them! Awesome stuff!

Chicken gizzards are a part of their gastrointestinal system. Since chickens do not have teeth, they have a gizzard that grinds up their food. Most birds eat small rocks that stay in the gizzard, as food is eaten, the grinding of the rocks in the gizzard act like our teeth and makes the food small enough to be digested.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
My mother is full-blooded Italian, and when we would eat Sunday dinner at my G-ma's, my family would beat your ass to death for a gizzard fried in olive oil....

·
Registered
774 Posts
MMMmm.......deep fried gizzards with gravy. Makes an awesome breakfast :D

Frank said:
I can't get enough of these. Anybody else like them? They are nothing like a liver. I've heard people say they are gross. I don't know why. I think they think they are chicken testicles.

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
Vertnut said:
My mother is full-blooded Italian, and when we would eat Sunday dinner at my G-ma's, my family would beat your ass to death for a gizzard fried in olive oil....
I am Italian, gizzards make me sick!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I love chicken gizzards! That reminds me, I havent had some in a while.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts