DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my Fiancee tonight nad we had an agreement that if I Can get a six pack we can put the Turbo that I want at the front of the priority list.

I think that is a big Motivator for me. Hmmm Blizzard from Dairy Queen or Turbo?
I'll guess I'll have waterand get a Turbo sooner.

Do you huys have any advice on to loosing weight in the mid section quickly?

Right now I started running daily and having Salad for dinner. I eat pretty good through out the day and work out.

·
Do Work Son!!!!!
1,167 Posts
change your diet run 5 or 6 times a week with a good heart pump, and maby mix some winnie for some faster results. You can also make some fina cream, based off finaplix (a steroid) but the cream can eat 15 to 25 pounds of fat in a months time, its hard to make but is very cheap and is perfectly leagal as long as it is not put in a injectable form.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
ls1eater said:
change your diet run 5 or 6 times a week with a good heart pump, and maby mix some winnie for some faster results. You can also make some fina cream, based off finaplix (a steroid) but the cream can eat 15 to 25 pounds of fat in a months time, its hard to make but is very cheap and is perfectly leagal as long as it is not put in a injectable form.

lol damn i need some of that cream!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you make it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now my diet Consists of 3 eggs in the morning wth milk, A 1ft long chicken sub from Subway, or steak and cheese sub at break,(10am) then at 3 pm I have a protein shake. Go work out around 4-5pm, Eat a Salad for dinner. and that is all. I run 1.1 miles on the treadmill a day at 4.5-5.5 speed. Should I try to up the miles everyday or is a mile a day good enough?

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
761 Posts
Add oatmeal to your breakfast, that's a fast way to lose fat. If you can stomach it, eat only the egg whites, not the yolk, and eat twice as many eggs (without yolk).

What kind of salad? Add some lean meat or fish to your dinner. You want to minimize lost muscle during your diet. Right after workout, I would get a protein shake with carbs in it. And I would make the steak/cheese sub into roast beef. Eat half there and half 2-3h later, right between the shake.

·
1,766 Posts
normally I would not promote drug use, but its a turbo setup we are talking about right? sprinkle a little crank in your morning coffee, and you wont get hungry. :D

and if there are any police officers on this forum, im only kidding

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it's a Turbo setup fpr a 4.6 2 Valve.

Thanks for the help Guys

Do you think Sitting in the Sauna after you work out will help you loose it quicker?

·
Registered
761 Posts
DarkHrse99 said:
Do you think Sitting in the Sauna after you work out will help you loose it quicker?
Not really. It's a good way to lose water, tested method from my boxing days, but it will not help much in losing fat. It has many other benefits, as long as you keep the heat up (160-180F) and pour lots of water on those rocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sami said:
Not really. It's a good way to lose water, tested method from my boxing days, but it will not help much in losing fat. It has many other benefits, as long as you keep the heat up (160-180F) and pour lots of water on those rocks.

I'll try that,

I'm curious to know how much water weigt I have. How many day's do you think you need to do this to get out some water weight?

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
DarkHrse99 said:
How many day's do you think you need to do this to get out some water weight?

As soon as you start sweating. ...and then it all comes back on as your body rehydrates itself. Taking off water weight is a very temporary proposition, and has very little to do with having defined abs. Pro bodybuilders use diuretics to bring out that last little bit of definition a day or two before a competition, but the abs are already there and pretty well defined to begin with. Sitting in a sauna is not gonna give abs to a guy with 15% bodyfat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got Boost? said:
As soon as you start sweating. ...and then it all comes back on as your body rehydrates itself. Taking off water weight is a very temporary proposition, and has very little to do with having defined abs. Pro bodybuilders use diuretics to bring out that last little bit of definition a day or two before a competition, but the abs are already there and pretty well defined to begin with. Sitting in a sauna is not gonna give abs to a guy with 15% bodyfat.

Thanks

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
I personally would up the run speed and do 3-4 miles. At a minimum, work up to 2 miles at 6.5mph. I would recommend a short goal of 3 miles @ 7.0 mph, with an end goal (2 months) of 4 miles @ 8 mph.

As more input, before I went on vacation I ran 2 4 mile runs and 2 6 mile runs per week. Along with a few days of lifting and abs nearly everyday. I did that for a month (had been working out ahead of that) When I came home, I was damn near a 6 pack. However, 2 weeks of ribeyes lots of potatoes and beer washed that all away.

My point is, that long runs can peels that fat right off. Also, your abs do get worked a little throughout the run. My ab workout never involves situps either. I do slow short movements on an incline bench. 4 sets of 100 reps of whatever I do. Plus the leg lift type stuff for the lower part of the abs.

A 6 pack is optional IMO. However, strong abs are very important in a relationship. Abs, main muscle group in humpin'. :)

Take care,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ceyko said:
A 6 pack is optional IMO. However, strong abs are very important in a relationship. Abs, main muscle group in humpin'. :)

Take care,
That's all the ab workout I do.

I guess I'll up the speed and miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Try the video system "Slim in 6".

I went from a size 12 to a size 6 in 2 months time. I've kept it off and am almost in a size 4. My abs are looking good too. They have a section in there called "6pack". It's a 10 min killer abs workout. Good luck!

See, if I get to a size 4, I not only will be thrilled beyond belief, but I'm thinking boob job in the fall! We all have our motivation. You're is your Turbo. Keep that in mind when you want to give up.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
DarkHrse99 said:
That's all the ab workout I do.
Having visible abs has nothing to do with crunches, it's all about bodyfat. Back when I was 15%+ bodyfat you couldn't see my abs for crap even though I've been doing ab work my entire lifting career. On the opposite end of the spectrum look at the super-skinny guys that have never hit the gym, you can see their abs just fine.

Diet and cardio are the keys to getting your turbo. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
DarkHrse99 said:
I'll try that,

I'm curious to know how much water weigt I have. How many day's do you think you need to do this to get out some water weight?
Like said, don't do it for weight loss, do it for other health benefits and well being. 3 times a week, 15-30min a time would be good for someone who has not had in their normal routine. I do it as many time as I can, sometimes 2-3 times a day.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Sami said:
Like said, don't do it for weight loss, do it for other health benefits and well being. 3 times a week, 15-30min a time would be good for someone who has not had in their normal routine. I do it as many time as I can, sometimes 2-3 times a day.

What are the "other health benefits" of a regular sit in a sauna?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Got Boost? said:
What are the "other health benefits" of a regular sit in a sauna?
Muscle relaxation, deep cleaning (your dead skin peels off), waste disposal etc. Too many to list, it's better that I'll find something already written...

http://www.cyberbohemia.com/Pages/saunahealth.htm
http://www.saunafin.com/health_benefits.htm

I'm a Finn so I couldn't go on without regular sauna bathing, just wouldn't be right. The other part of our heritage is also heavy drinking which leads to hangover, which is then cured by sauna. Many times tried and proven to work. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts