DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charter Cable now offically kicks ass

They've added a new, free feature:
IF you have HBO, or Showtime, or Skinemax, you also get HBO on Demand, Showtime on Demand, or Skinemax on Demand. They have like 30 movies lined up, you scroll, select, and bingo...free movei! Caught the Director's Cut of The Exorcist last night.
The HBO has Season 4 of the Sopranos, Season 3 of SFU, and all their other series, too.
And Skinemax has Skinemax after Dark selections....
And then last nite, my wife ordered a free sample of something from a commercial while Blow was on..all with the remote....totally cool.
I havent heard any advertisements about the VOD service, so I caleld, made sure it was free etc......check out the Video on Demand channel, if u have charter...lots of new changes...GOOD stuff! (They have other on demand channels...including Kinds on Demand)

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
They also offer HD service in my area now for $9.95 per month, inluding the tuner rental.

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
01-0800 said:
FIXED.
DirecTV rules that is all.

DirectTV blowssssssssssssssssssssss in a HUGE way.
I've done Direct, Dish, and Charter, and I'd put Charter way out in front, Dish in the middle, and Direct WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY in the back.
El sucko supremo.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I have an HDTV at home with Comcast Digital cable. I get all the basic cable channels + 5 HD channels for a little under $60/month.

Am I getting screwed? I get no movie channels, no ESPN Gameday, no "sports package", no VOD, but I do get Pay Per View :rolleyes:

With the HDTV and the addition of the movie channels, I'm seriously considering my first switch to satellite. Or do I have an option on cable providers?

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4DRSS said:
The picture and sound quality of cable SUCKS ASS compared to digital satellite. No way you can argue with that.

No way!
The picture quality is what sucks about Direct and DSS.
It's fine in a brightly lit scene, but if it's a darker scene, you cant see shit.
Charter Digital has a similiar issue, but it isnt 1/10th as bad as it was with DSS and DTV.

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some places have multiple providers.
from charter.com, at the top right there is a "What services are available in my area link"

http://www.charter.com/site/address/addr_entry_rd.asp?rd=/order/ProductList.asp
just type your addy/zip, and it tells you what you can get....they just opened up DVR today for 9.99 a month.

91Sally said:
I have an HDTV at home with Comcast Digital cable. I get all the basic cable channels + 5 HD channels for a little under $60/month.

Am I getting screwed? I get no movie channels, no ESPN Gameday, no "sports package", no VOD, but I do get Pay Per View :rolleyes:

With the HDTV and the addition of the movie channels, I'm seriously considering my first switch to satellite. Or do I have an option on cable providers?

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Big Matt said:
satellite is where it's at

for me it's 100% cheaper than cable
really?...our bills dropped dramatically switching from DSS to Charter Digital.

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ballin-420 said:
lol aka cheater
duh!
That's what I get for quittin caffeine....

:D

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
HookEm said:
No way!
The picture quality is what sucks about Direct and DSS.
It's fine in a brightly lit scene, but if it's a darker scene, you cant see shit.
Charter Digital has a similiar issue, but it isnt 1/10th as bad as it was with DSS and DTV.
I have both direct tv and charter digital cable, there is no difference in picture quality between the two. Now when charter had their trap on the line the picture sucked ass and if you don't use a tuner the picture is no better than using an antenna.

Now if you are talking about the grainy texture on darker scenes you may need to do some adjusting on your tv. I was getting that with dvds at times.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts

·
I'm Yer Huckleberry
3,773 Posts
91Sally said:
:( "Charter does not currently offer service in your area." :(
call and ask. I just went to the link and put in my address and it said it wasnt in my area. But i already have cable internet and tv

·
Recovering Lush
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CobraChic said:
I love my Comcast...

But I know Direct TV was nothing but SHIT especially during the rainy season!
The exact reason we left DSS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts