DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good deal... need living room, dining room, and hallway cleaned... maybe master bedroom if price is right...

Seeing a lot of CHEAP ones on craigslist services ($10-14 per room?!)...

What's the difference? Seeing 'steam' and 'extraction' and various other descriptions and such...

Any local businesses that I could support rather than just some random schmoe?

If we could get some protection down as well like ScotchGard or the equivalent as well, that would be great

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Looking for a good deal... need living room, dining room, and hallway cleaned... maybe master bedroom if price is right...

Seeing a lot of CHEAP ones on craigslist services ($10-14 per room?!)...

What's the difference? Seeing 'steam' and 'extraction' and various other descriptions and such...

Any local businesses that I could support rather than just some random schmoe?

If we could get some protection down as well like ScotchGard or the equivalent as well, that would be great
My carpet guy went out of business. It's a shame, too. He was cheap, brand new equipment, and a hard worker. I most recently used some company that was listed in the Red Plum circular. Exsomething. Don't recommend them. It was $270 after a cheap tip for 3 rooms and a rug. Just be careful. Don't fall for the '5 rooms for $35.00'. That's just to lure you in. They charge $.25/sq ft to pre treat and most places also charge $.25/sq ft for scotch guard. This is just my opinion, but scotchguarding old carpet is a waste of money. IMO it's only worth having done when the carpet is brand new.

I'd go with someone that uses an extractor over other methods.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
You could Premium Carpet Care, tell them Blake sent you, I worked there for many years. You will get what you pay for.

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
19,065 Posts
Zerores does my parents house 1-2 times a year. They do a great job. Not cheap, but great job

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Carpet cleaning is like autobody work it looks good right then but what about a month later, you pay for what you get. The best to me is steam cleaning, it leaves your carpet a little wet but damn they come out way cleaner with just super hot water and no bull shit additives. These guys rock...amazing results carpet cleaning 972 287 5856

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I use Have house carpet cleaning

214-232-1303. Hard to understand, but do good work.

$15 + $11 per room

ex. 4 rooms = $59

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do my own carpet cleaning. I have a wet/vac, carpet shampoo and a long carpet brush. I just do a heavy vacuum first, then spray the carpet with shampoo, a lot of elbow grease to agitate the carpet with my long carpet brush. Then finish it off with my extractor to leave it damp for air dry. Luckily, I only do it once or twice a year and I really find time to do it for a day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts