DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Punk Ass Bitch
Joined
·
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phewwww!!! One hell of a wake-me-up.;) I have went in the morning a few times before but instead of doing cardio, I did my regular weight routine and it didn't seem to have much of an effect on me other than being tired as hell all day from being up so early. This morning I hit the cardio pretty hard for about 15 mins., did abs for about 15 mins., rested for ~2 minutes or so and did it all over again. :) To hell with coffee, I am gonna do this every morning from now on.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,774 Posts
I tried doing cardio and abs in the morning but it was too hard getting up, maybe if I had a partner in the mornings I would be able to doit.
 

·
Punk Ass Bitch
Joined
·
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DarkPony said:
I tried doing cardio and abs in the morning but it was too hard getting up, maybe if I had a partner in the mornings I would be able to doit.
What time do you start functioning in the mornings? Or should I say " What time would you start functioning in the mornings if you had a partner? " :p

You go to the 24hr in Carrolton don't you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,166 Posts
In the morning before breakfast is the best time to do cardio as your body has been fasting all night. Without new calories in your stomach, your body goes straight for the fat cells. It's also beneficial in that it spikes your metabolism early so that you end up burning more calories at rest for the rest of the day.

I'd suggest bumping your cardio up to atleast 20, preferably 30 minutes, as you are barely getting into the fatburn zone with only 15 minutes.
 

·
Punk Ass Bitch
Joined
·
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got Boost? said:
In the morning before breakfast is the best time to do cardio as your body has been fasting all night. Without new calories in your stomach, your body goes straight for the fat cells. It's also beneficial in that it spikes your metabolism early so that you end up burning more calories at rest for the rest of the day.

I'd suggest bumping your cardio up to atleast 20, preferably 30 minutes, as you are barely getting into the fatburn zone with only 15 minutes.
After I do 15 mins. I go straight to doing abs without letting my heartrate slow down. I get about 10 - 15 mins. of abwork in and catch my breath for a minute or two and then back to the cardio for another 15 minutes. After I finish this session of cardio, I go back and do another 10 - 15 minutes of abs. You thing I should still do even more cardio? Or maybe I should do it all at one time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Got Boost? said:
In the morning before breakfast is the best time to do cardio as your body has been fasting all night. Without new calories in your stomach, your body goes straight for the fat cells. It's also beneficial in that it spikes your metabolism early so that you end up burning more calories at rest for the rest of the day.

I'd suggest bumping your cardio up to atleast 20, preferably 30 minutes, as you are barely getting into the fatburn zone with only 15 minutes.
this is correct. also doing fast cardio such as sprints and things will hold a greater result and keep your body burning cal's long after you are done. one more thing is that you need to have a protein shake after you are done to aid your muscles.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,166 Posts
KevinH78 said:
After I do 15 mins. I go straight to doing abs without letting my heartrate slow down. I get about 10 - 15 mins. of abwork in and catch my breath for a minute or two and then back to the cardio for another 15 minutes. After I finish this session of cardio, I go back and do another 10 - 15 minutes of abs. You thing I should still do even more cardio? Or maybe I should do it all at one time?
You would see better results by doing all 30 minutes of cardio and then doing abs. You think you are staying active by doing abs in between, but even an intense ab workout isn't the same as pumping blood through your legs. While doing abs, you allow your heartrate to slow down a bit and get out of the "fat-burning zone". Then the first 10 minutes of your second cardio session is spent getting that heart rate back up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,774 Posts
KevinH78 said:
What time do you start functioning in the mornings? Or should I say " What time would you start functioning in the mornings if you had a partner? " :p

You go to the 24hr in Carrolton don't you?

I could be up at 7:00 to be at the gym by like 7:15

I work out at the one on Trinity mills and Marsh, but if you wanted to meet at the one on Old denton and GB I could do that.
 

·
Punk Ass Bitch
Joined
·
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DarkPony said:
I could be up at 7:00 to be at the gym by like 7:15

I work out at the one on Trinity mills and Marsh, but if you wanted to meet at the one on Old denton and GB I could do that.
hrmmmm............ Well, that would probably be a bit late for me to get a good work out and still have enough time to shower and everything for work.:( I usually get there ( at the one in Lewisville ) around 6:00 or a few minutes after so I will have plenty of time to be through by 7:00.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,774 Posts
KevinH78 said:
hrmmmm............ Well, that would probably be a bit late for me to get a good work out and still have enough time to shower and everything for work.:( I usually get there ( at the one in Lewisville ) around 6:00 or a few minutes after so I will have plenty of time to be through by 7:00.


well There is no way I am getting out of bed at 6 :D

Sorry :(
 

·
Punk Ass Bitch
Joined
·
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dammit :mad: I had my mind set on forcing myself to go do cardio every morning but today I was too damn tired from working until 9:30 last night and I slept too late today.:(
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
4,683 Posts
Dark Pony, Which 24 hour is better? Marsh and TM or the one off of Old Denton? How busy are they in the morning? Im getting ready to move close to the one near Marsh (close to work also).

So it is best to get up and not to eat ANYTHING before working out in the morning? Im gonna try morning workouts and see how I like it. This is the first time I have had a schedule that will allow me to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
TRAXX said:
Dark Pony, Which 24 hour is better? Marsh and TM or the one off of Old Denton? How busy are they in the morning? Im getting ready to move close to the one near Marsh (close to work also).

So it is best to get up and not to eat ANYTHING before working out in the morning? Im gonna try morning workouts and see how I like it. This is the first time I have had a schedule that will allow me to do it.
it is bast not to eat anything befor cardio. you need to eat befor weight lifting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,166 Posts
KevinH78 said:
Dammit :mad: I had my mind set on forcing myself to go do cardio every morning but today I was too damn tired from working until 9:30 last night and I slept too late today.:(
You just have to force yourslelf to get into an earlier schedule or it becomes waaay too easy to sleep in. Set your alarm to get you up EVERY morning in time to do cardio, whether you do it or not. After a couple of weeks your body will adjust, start falling asleep earlier to compensate, and it will become easier to do that cardio.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,774 Posts
TRAXX said:
Dark Pony, Which 24 hour is better? Marsh and TM or the one off of Old Denton? How busy are they in the morning? Im getting ready to move close to the one near Marsh (close to work also).

So it is best to get up and not to eat ANYTHING before working out in the morning? Im gonna try morning workouts and see how I like it. This is the first time I have had a schedule that will allow me to do it.

personally I like the old denton one better, but I live one block from the trinitymills location, so I am not gonna drive all the way to the other one.

Mornings are not that bad at all, real quite, and no bitches around.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top