DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat. night I had the car idleing and I thought I would check my nitrous WOT switch to make sure that everything is still working OK. While Idleing I flip the activation switch on and the nitrous sel. smokes but when it did this the car died and won't do any thing but turn over now NO FIRE. I bought a chilton book and all the fuses are good. It has to be a fusable link but I don't see one.

Dose anyone have any Ideas what could be wrong

·
Out with your mom
2,508 Posts
TFS module on the distributor? Coil?

What year is your car?

Maybe you need to reset that inertia switch for the fuel pump?

·
Out with your mom
2,508 Posts
Well, hell I dunno then! Heehee. I should have guessed the year from your name. Eh.

I'm sure someone with a 4.6 will be able to help more than me, I am good for BS problems on a 5.0.

I'd still check for burned up looking wires, anything suspicious (sp?)

good luck!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea tomorrow I am going to inspect the wiring of the nitrous set-up it has to be grounded out somewhere. When I find that I might find the other prob.

·
Out with your mom
2,508 Posts
Something shorted is probably causing the vehicle to not run.

My F-150's battery "+" terminal hit the fender, arched the power, shot sparks, and killed the vehicle when I took a left turn! :eek:

Easy to fix as I just needed a battery holder to prevent that from happening again. Don't ask where it went as it really pisses me off! :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a problem with my car not firing just about week ago. It would turn over, just wouldn't start. It had plenty of fuel pressure too. I took it to the shop and as it turns out, my crankshaft timing sensor and camshaft timing sensor had both malfunctioned for some reason. I had them replaced and it ran fine. Just a thought...
Good luck

p.s., I don't know anything about the nitrous aspect, so I don't know what effect that might have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sensors

If I recall correctly, one was near the ac condensor, the other one I have no idea. The car ran absolutely fine before they went out. I was out running errands one morning, (paying a speeding ticket), came back outside and the car just didnt start.
sorry the help isnt more specific. I took it to Slim's Mustang Performance to fix it.

·
Sir Clavin
3,106 Posts
Id be checking the wiring of the nitrous very closely.... It obviously is somewhere it is not supposed to be. On that note, I dont see any reason as to why the wiring of the NAWz would have any effect on your crank/cam position sensors.

I bet you toasted the EDIS module, if the fuses/relays are good.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Belive it or not. The problem was the WOT switch wire had a striped place on it and was grounding out on the fuel rail. All I had to do was replace the wire and it was a go. No blown fuse after all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts