DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I start my car up, my rpm's will just go up and down and then die, if I don't give it gas. When I just take off and drive it, it will then idle at about 900-1100 rpm range. What are some things that would cause it to that and how would I go about fixing the problem.

· Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Like GARY TAYLOR said it is most likely your IAC. Before you go and spend $70 on a new one try cleaning yours. Remove the 2 bolts holding it onto the throttle body and spray some carb cleaner in the 2 holes in the IAC. Use Q Tips to get all of the carbon out of the solenoid. This should solve your idle problems.

Ryan

2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys, I had previously set my tps to .996. I had also cleaned my IAC with carb cleaner and did not fix my problem. So now I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy a new IAC. If that doesn't work I'm going to pissed!!!!!!!!Damn car.

2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went up to Autozone on Saturday and bought a Idle Air Control valve for $45. Put it on the car and it started to idle just fine. Thanks for the info guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.