DFW Mustang Forums banner

Car Bogging when on Empty!!

385 views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  INTP 
#1 ·
This is a dumb question but when im not on E, one tick above E (empty) my car seems to drag and bogg a little but once i put half a tank of gas or more it is fine?? Is this typical or do i maybe have bad injectors, fuel pump...etc?? But when it gets close to the last tick above E it starts this!!??

#2 ·
as everyone says............."stock gauges are sh*t!" proly off and just looks ok.

G
#14 ·
When you have very little fuel in the tank, and you hit it hard, all the fuel is going to rush to the rear of the tank and away from the pickup. Either that, or your fuel level gauge is off a little. Also, when your tank gets low, the sediments from all the old gas collect around the pump.

#15 ·
KJ94GT said:
When you have very little fuel in the tank, and you hit it hard, all the fuel is going to rush to the rear of the tank and away from the pickup. Either that, or your fuel level gauge is off a little. Also, when your tank gets low, the sediments from all the old gas collect around the pump.
o rthe cap.

#16 ·
Evil 93Coupe said:
Yeah like out of first like right now it will bogg down then itll go back to normal and jurk the hell out of my neck!! :mad: But its ok she about to get some 93!!
THAT IS NORMAL WHEN YOU GET BELOW A 1/4 OF A TANK. IT IS SUCKING AIR THROUGH THE FUEL PUMP WHICH IS CAUSING THE BOGG AND JURK.

#19 ·
id just so a new pump.....cheap. do a 190 or 255.

#20 ·
Evil 93Coupe said:
I take that back what i said, after i typed this first i left and filled her up and then last night while about on mid full she was doing it a little, now im worried what it is since the whole "its low on gas" isnt holding true!!??
change your fuel filter. $10.00

#22 ·
OH YEAH, thats right i havent changed it since when that car was a 4 cylinder :D and i remember perfectly, my damn 4 cyl motor did the same thing for a long period of time until i changed the fuel filter!! DUH, i didnt even think about that!! Thanks jetboat, and it has to be that!!

And i see another reef blue coupe, thats not stock either!! :D

#25 ·
byc racing said:
Hey just bring me $50 bucks and i'll swap you gas tanks the 190lph in mine only has about 5000 miles on it I don't need it any more.
damn, where were you last week!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.