DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Custom Title
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else just see what they said about the new GTO? Not a good review. Build quality suffered, not fast, etc. It was sort of funny to see a TV show actually say something truthful about a car, and not what a paid sponsor wanted them to say.

LOL at when he said, what did they expect, they slap a GTO badge on it and expect us to come running, or something along those lines!
 

·
STILL EVIL!!
Joined
·
5,900 Posts
Yea car and driver has no special intrest when they make a freakin hybrid car, car of the year. Motor Trend and every other mag has given it a good review. :confused:
 

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
Joined
·
11,619 Posts
I quit watching that show and reading those magazines long ago. It seems like they are always down on all American vehicles...
 

·
[x] original checkboxer
Joined
·
10,836 Posts
HobieF3 said:
I quit watching that show and reading those magazines long ago. It seems like they are always down on all American vehicles...
EXACTLY! They really seem to bag on american cars for no real reason at all. I remember when I was in highschool and the "new" F bodies came out. I had seen this issue that compared all of the 1993 new vehicles, and they picked their favorites in each catagory. In the "sports car" catagory, they reccomended the Toyota Supra(A $45k car or more at the time brand new), and the Subaru SVX.(Does anyone remember that pile of shit????) I believe that car was around $30-35k, and now I bet you could buy 'em all day long for $2k. They slammed the f bodies for a few reasons that were totally retarded. The "hump" in the passenger floorboard was one. I owned a '95 T/A, and it was no big deal at all, I barely noticed it. The lack of rear seat headroom and I believe the noise level of the car were the other gripes. I mean here's a car that cost ~20k, against a 30k+ and 45k+ car, and they slam it for some pretty weird reasons, yet praise some jalopies that cost twice as much. I was a freshman in highschool and noticed this crap, so I knew I couldn't have been the only one. Car and Driver was the only "car" magazine we had in the school library, so I guess you take what you can get. They write one, maybe two decent articles a year that I like, that's about it!
 

·
STILL EVIL!!
Joined
·
5,900 Posts
MattB said:
EXACTLY! They really seem to bag on american cars for no real reason at all. I remember when I was in highschool and the "new" F bodies came out. I had seen this issue that compared all of the 1993 new vehicles, and they picked their favorites in each catagory. In the "sports car" catagory, they reccomended the Toyota Supra(A $45k car or more at the time brand new), and the Subaru SVX.(Does anyone remember that pile of shit????) I believe that car was around $30-35k, and now I bet you could buy 'em all day long for $2k. They slammed the f bodies for a few reasons that were totally retarded. The "hump" in the passenger floorboard was one. I owned a '95 T/A, and it was no big deal at all, I barely noticed it. The lack of rear seat headroom and I believe the noise level of the car were the other gripes. I mean here's a car that cost ~20k, against a 30k+ and 45k+ car, and they slam it for some pretty weird reasons, yet praise some jalopies that cost twice as much. I was a freshman in highschool and noticed this crap, so I knew I couldn't have been the only one. Car and Driver was the only "car" magazine we had in the school library, so I guess you take what you can get. They write one, maybe two decent articles a year that I like, that's about it!
I noticed that too, the funny thing is if you read the review on their website you would think they freakin love it. It seems like they only focused on a singal editor that didn't like it for the TV show. :confused: I mean they love that Toyota Prius and that thing is a piece.
 

·
Is it cold in here?
Joined
·
7,371 Posts
SilverOH3SVT said:
That does not surprise me with the quality cars GM has been putting out:rolleyes: I sure hope the C6 isn't a flop
Same as I said in the GTO dyno thread. The quality of the car itself is crap. It'll fall apart within 2 years. I'm sure the motor is the best part of it!!!
 

·
User may be editing post.
Joined
·
12,013 Posts
Damn, As much as I have been bitter about the new GTO, and how I don't exactly get along with the LS1 crowd, that sucks, its going to make GM look bad, I saw shots of the interior and dynos and I thought this would be a serious contender on the street, but man if its as crappy as they say, shame on you gm, wtf were you thinking?!
 

·
STILL EVIL!!
Joined
·
5,900 Posts
spankustang said:
Same as I said in the GTO dyno thread. The quality of the car itself is crap. It'll fall apart within 2 years. I'm sure the motor is the best part of it!!!
Are you serious? You do know these cars have been out for years in Australia, right? They aren't falling apart there. Really, I would like you to educate me to how the quality of the car is crap. I am probably one of the few people that has been to Australia in the last year and driven one of the damn things. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,842 Posts
Car and Driver, or one of those shows, also reviewed the Mach 1 and one of the guys badmouthed the shaker hood scoop. Talk about someone who had no business in a sports/performance car.

I am not even going to jump on the GTO based on those boneheads and I think it will be a huge failure in the states.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,528 Posts
HobieF3 said:
I quit watching that show and reading those magazines long ago. It seems like they are always down on all American vehicles...
I agree. Car and Driver and Road and Track seem very biased. BMW lovers, period. To me, Motor Trend seems to give better reviews for the Big Three. Anyway, I hope the GTO does good.
 

·
The Janitor
Joined
·
16,424 Posts
Kirbster said:
I agree. Car and Driver and Road and Track seem very biased. BMW lovers, period. To me, Motor Trend seems to give better reviews for the Big Three. Anyway, I hope the GTO does good.
agreed. they cream their pants if its a bimmer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
the only thing i didn't like is it's look. nothing special. it just looks like a pontiac. i guess i just expected more from the looks.:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,593 Posts
It would be a typical marketing move to simply slap a GTO badge on it and expect people to come running. I like the fact that they did much more than that. I'll be forever flamed for this, but I like that car.
 

·
I'm going Commando
Joined
·
7,526 Posts
My dad likes the car so I guess Pontiac did what they intended. But we (my family) agree that it will probably have the same weak points as other LS1s that put down big power. But as a daily 4 door kid to school mobile it isnt bad at all. And as for the price you cant get a car worth driving for less than 30K now anyway. I'd drive one everyday, but I'd never buy one. How is that for a nondescript answer?

RyanB
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,270 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
I have a friend that works at a Pontiac dealership and they are adding $5K to $10K to the price of the car because of limited availability. What a bunch of BS!
WOW!! You mean, GM can't do the same damn thing the Ford dealers did when the 03 Cobra came out?:confused:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top