DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
How you doin'
25,872 Posts
it doesn't matter, he's passed his prime, and there are tons of players out there that can play to his current abilities, and even better. so, who's the next coach? ...or next in the barrel, as it should be said.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't think they'll even talk about it anytime soon. Emmitt will take his 6 weeks off, then start his off-season regimen. We probably won't hear anything until early Spring.

It'd be a shame to see him play with another team because I think he can still play at a high level. Dallas' offensive line sucks and never gave him much of a chance to do anything.

G

·
yeah my mom told me the same thing...i think he needs to retire, not cause he cant play anymore, but just because its his time, he has set all kinds of records, won plenty super bowls, just quit already...

·
MFFL!
13,459 Posts
Yeah, I just heard Jerry and Campo speak at a news conference. Each had nice things to say about each other and Jerry said he's talked to Parcells and Dennis Green about the coaching vacancy. Inside sources say Parcells has already agreed to a contract to be disclosed later this week.

On the Emmitt issue, I hope he still plays! The O line is what sucks and why he didn't do so well this season. Give him a halfway decent O line and I bet he could run for 12-1400 yards easily. I just don't want to see him play for another team!

·
None
10,576 Posts
NEW YORK (AP) -- The group promoting the hiring of black coaches by NFL teams says Dallas owner Jerry Jones violated the spirit of a new league policy by speaking to former Vikings head coach Dennis Green on the phone and not in person.

Jones, expected to fire head coach Dave Campo after the Cowboys' final game, met with Bill Parcells twice in the last two weeks.

Jones spoke with Green, believed to be a leading candidate for several of the vacancies that may come up.

A group headed by Johnnie Cochran Jr. and Cyrus Mehri said that wasn't enough.

"Simply talking to a minority candidate in a phone interview is not comparable to a several-hour, face-to-face meeting between candidate and owner," Mehri said Sunday.

All 32 NFL teams agreed this month to interview minority candidates when they have openings for a coach or key spots in the front office.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Playing for another team would be shameful.

He should probably just call it quits if it comes to that. Jordan did it with the Wizards and now that he's retiring (again) nobody cares. :(

I'd hate to see Emmitt fall into that trap.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
TJ2001Cobra said:
It really bugged me seeing Tony Dorsett leave and play for another team. I hope that he either quits or the cowboys offer him something to hang around.
I feel ya, it would be painful to see him in another uniform, hopefully he and Jerry can work out something on his contract and keep him here, he already said he is not retiring.

I hope all this Parcells shit is true, he will definitely turn it around here and we will be good again.

G

·
nitrofish said:
Playing for another team would be shameful.

He should probably just call it quits if it comes to that. Jordan did it with the Wizards and now that he's retiring (again) nobody cares. :(

I'd hate to see Emmitt fall into that trap.
exactly, used to be a huge mj fan, but now him retiring again just isnt a big deal to me...

·
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,853 Posts
Jessie Jackson and the mistress he paid off with his charity money can kiss my ass.

Denny Green = 0 Superbowl Tropheys
Bill Parcells = A lot more Superbowl Tropheys than Denny Green

If Parcells is the new HC, then Emmett will be cut if he doesn't retire. I would be amazed if Parcells offeres him anything at all.

·
Registered
559 Posts
"A group headed by Johnnie Cochran Jr. and Cyrus Mehri said that wasn't enough."

Why the Hell should we care! Who invited these idiots to even state their opinion! Who are they to even think a group like this is necessary!

Accept that we are all Americans in this country...not black, not minority, not asian and not white....we are all Americans Damnit!

If you can't accept that...take your ass home to whatever mother country you feel your race is a majority of!!

Why don't Americans fight this kind of BS anymore?

·
STILL EVIL!!
5,901 Posts
Boost Addict said:
"A group headed by Johnnie Cochran Jr. and Cyrus Mehri said that wasn't enough."

Why the Hell should we care! Who invited these idiots to even state their opinion! Who are they to even think a group like this is necessary!

Accept that we are all Americans in this country...not black, not minority, not asian and not white....we are all Americans Damnit!

If you can't accept that...take your ass home to whatever mother country you feel your race is a majority of!!

Why don't Americans fight this kind of BS anymore?

I was thinking the same thing, I mean WTF? Jerry owns the team and should be able to do whatever the hell he wants with it. I guess I could see the point if he was looking at two unseasoned coaches, but he isn't. Parcells doesn't even compair to Green.:mad:

·
CFH
8,816 Posts
Chris98GT said:
NEW YORK (AP) -- The group promoting the hiring of black coaches by NFL teams says Dallas owner Jerry Jones violated the spirit of a new league policy by speaking to former Vikings head coach Dennis Green on the phone and not in person.

Jones, expected to fire head coach Dave Campo after the Cowboys' final game, met with Bill Parcells twice in the last two weeks.

Jones spoke with Green, believed to be a leading candidate for several of the vacancies that may come up.

A group headed by Johnnie Cochran Jr. and Cyrus Mehri said that wasn't enough.

"Simply talking to a minority candidate in a phone interview is not comparable to a several-hour, face-to-face meeting between candidate and owner," Mehri said Sunday.

All 32 NFL teams agreed this month to interview minority candidates when they have openings for a coach or key spots in the front office.
Fuck them. They're the ones being racist. Fucking morons.

They need to hire the best coach they can.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Absolutely, they need to do what best serves the team...who cares about Cochran or whoever.

I own my own business and I actually got a call from the NAACP one day asking about my hiring practices. They came right out and asked if I would give them support by looking at minorities first the next time I hire someone.

I responded quite uncalmly and asked them why the Hell they thought they should have input on my hiring practices. They had no answer to that and then I informed them that I intended to start a new Anglo-American only group and asked if they would support me by looking at Anglos first the next time they hire. The discussion did not end politely...but they have not called back.

Were all Americans, we need to stand tall together as Americans instead of standing as minorities or majorities or morons or whatever. JMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.