DFW Mustang Forums banner

California's is deep debt

214 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Monsoon X 
#1 ·
#3 ·
yup, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Just had to give free heathcare to illegal immigrants.
Just had to create MediCAL
Just had to spend spend spend spend spend......

I tell you what, GWB had better take a good long look at CA because his spending habits in DC are outta control IMO.

#4 ·
Sgt Beavis said:
I tell you what, GWB had better take a good long look at CA because his spending habits in DC are outta control IMO.
I am sorry to say that I agree with you. I consider myself Libertarian but I vote mainly republican. I was really naive to think that once the republicans got total control the spending would stop. :rolleyes: I guess pork is pork is pork.

#7 ·
32VfromHell said:
you people dont understand economics. In order to fight us out of this slump and recession, money HAS to be spent and deficits will be made (on the national level). And when we are doing well, taxes go UP. Its all relative fellas.
Actually I do understand that concept of MacroEconomics and I for the most part agree with it. However alot of the spending that has been going on lately is frivalous IMO. The farm bill was nothing short of Corporate welfare for companies that don't even need it. Very little of the billions spent on that bill actually went to farmers. The Dept Of Homeland security is another spending fiasco. Originally the idea had been floated to put the CIA, FBI, INS, Coast Guard, and several other departments under one roof. Instead we get a huge ass department. Another link in the chain of bueracracy.

GWB is supposed to be looking out for the economy but then he risks higher prices for the auto industry by imposing tarraffs on imported steel. The fact is the US steel industry is dying and the companies running the steel industry haven't done jack shit to remain competitive. Japanese steel factories are more modern and produce a superior product. US Steel and Bethlahem steel haven't built one new factory in who knows when. So GWB risks increasing cost for the auto industry and other industries that rely on steel. He also lands us in hot water with the WTO which is ready to let other WTO members impose tarraffs on steel and other US products because of the new steel tarraff. Bush did this for only one reason. To kiss Steel Union ass. It's the most liberal thing he's ever done.

Damn I got wayyyyy off subject.

In summary:

Tax cuts GOOD
Thought out spending increases for the economy GOOD
PORK and Growing Government BAD!

#9 ·
32VfromHell said:
you people dont understand economics. In order to fight us out of this slump and recession, money HAS to be spent and deficits will be made (on the national level). And when we are doing well, taxes go UP. Its all relative fellas.
32VFromHell takes one economics course and he's Lord Alfred Maynard Keynes. :D

Deficits are cool during downturns as long as its not excessive and doesn't weigh down the economy when the upturn occurs.

If people are paying more in taxes so the government can pay off debt they are spending money on goods and services.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.