DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honda God
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C6 tranny that when I first start vehicle and put it in Drive it will sit for about 1 min and then go. It only does it once during the day and only in DRIVE. Is this the modulator?

BTW fluid is fresh and full and tranny does not slip at all.

·
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
4,427 Posts
sounds like

the converter is draining out and takes a while to refill, check the fluid level when cold, if it's way high, the bushings are loose and it lets the converter drain out. you might check the filter also, it seems to me like if the pump was getting good flow, it would fill the converter quicker than 1 min. even if it was empty.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Line pressure is low.

·
Honda God
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it goes in gear it goes in normally, it acts like a pressure issue. I checked the fluid and its normal when cold in park. I was thinking Vacuum modulator. Why does it not do this the rest of the day?

·
I might, im drunk.......
4,116 Posts
well if it is a seal that has hardend it will become soft and seal up good for the rest of the day. You can run these things into the ground before they give up, a coworker drove a 79 with a c-6 for about a year with a broken thrust bearing slipping like a pig and the fluid looked like coffee.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts