DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new here and i was in a little need of help. I need to know what are the advantages of a c4 tranny and as well as the disavantages. Im about to do a swap on my 4 banger, and convert it to a 302, also what is useble from the 4 banger and what i need to acquire to make things work. well guys i appriciate the help thank yall.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Do some searching on this and other Mustang sites and you will find all of the information that you need to make your swap work. I would personally use a 5-speed or AOD transmission if doing the swap.

The good thing about doing this swap for you is that you can use all factory parts from the jy or a donor car to make this cheap and easy....I recommend a complete donor car. This way you can look at how each part goes before removing / swapping, also, all the parts are compatible. There are some nuances involving parts / wiring from different years.

Your 4 cylinder car will have a 7.5 rearend in it. That will last you for a long while if you do not abuse it too badly. Then swap in a 8.8 with the gearing of your choice when it is affordable / available.

Here is a link to a thread on another forum containing lots of swap information for you.:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=795562

If you are just looking for more power then consider a 2.3T drivetrain from a TurboCoupe. This will likely provide all the power you desire along with retaining the 4 cylinder and better gas mileage. Many TC's came with auto's also. Modifications can produce V8 power.

Good luck with your project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts