DFW Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 821 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

link to castle doctrine.

Section 9.32 can be argued both ways.
(2) [if a reasonable person in the actor's situation would not have retreated; and
[(3)] when and to the degree the actor [he] reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

I.E. shouldn't have chased him outside

however,

(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

He may very well have prevented the imminent commission of aggravated robbery of another habitation.

·
Notorious PIG
1,612 Posts
Hey black I was just refering to the drag them back in the house coment not on the whole situation. I also thought about the second part "He may very well have prevented the imminent commission of aggravated robbery of another habitation. ", but did not feel like typing all that last night. LOL

I cant remeber for sure but didnt they no bill that guy that shot the idiots breaking into his neighbors house mid day on 911 when he did it?

·
Notorious PIG
1,612 Posts
I hate to say it but if there was more of this there would be less burglaries "not the chasing the guy to the car part" lol. I can not tell you guys how many honest hard working people "cough" I have taken to jail that have been convicted 8-9 times of burglary, Agg Assault deadly weapon, possesion, murder ect ect on their rap sheet and they are out and about in no time.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
I doubt I would indict him if I was on the GJ. Would you?
No way. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, especially in their own home.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I don't know what I would do. I certainly think that any random non-gunowner could easily be persuaded to think that this was a man taking the law into his own hands. This isn't the Wild West, the homeowner isn't Dirty Harry, and people feel sorry for thieving people. It's why our justice system sucks. Put the members of DFWstangs on the jury and no-one in a sports car gets a ticket and all ricers do. This guy gets off with a "thanks a lot, duder" and "stupid motherfuckers" go to jail for looking at white women. But this certainly isn't a cross-section of America. If I were picking jurors for the prosecution no CHL holders would be on the jury. Don't forget they just have to convince a couple people "beyond a reasonable doubt".
Do I want this guy in jail? No. But did he follow the law? Probably not.
I don't understand why you would ban law abiding citizens from a GJ just becuase they have a CHL. That sounds kind of un-American to me.

BTW, does random non-gunowner also equate to a typical liberal in your book? I think only a liberal who is more concerned for the criminal than the victim would have empathy for the criminal who got shot.

I also wonder if the bad guy told the homeowner he was going to his truck to get a gun or if the homeonwner worried in his head about that and he justified shooting him that way? I also wonder if the homeowner wondered if these guys had come to his house on past occasions and were there to rob him and he feared for his life that they may return to harm him like they had in the past? It is partially in the mind of the shooter that justifies deadly force, not just the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
whatever officer told you that is a moron...
No doubt! Yeah, shoot somebody in a justified manner, then go and alter the crime scene, hide evidence, change details, and make yourself look guilty of some crime! Way to go idiot!

I had heard that story when I was a civilian and once I became a cop I realized how stupid that thought process is.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
If more people acted the way he did the thieves might just think twice before screwing with others property. My family comes first, he should have thought about the consequences before trying to enter my home without my permission.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't feel he did anything wrong. I would have done the same. Forget if they are running trying to leave. Duck and cover..... Like the man in houston who shot those burglars who broke into his neighbors house in the back. I have no sympathy for someone who steals.

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
I had my civilian hat on when I responded. Would you indict him for shooting the second burglar? I sure would like to hear from someone who is inclined to and yes, I know we are just going off of the story as printed and all.
If this guy has been burglarized 3 previous times why didnt he put better locks on his doors or get a burglar alarm? Just because someone enters your house does not give you the right to shoot them. He is not a defender he is an offender.
Let me guess, this guy put a 60" LED TV box out by his curb threw a few newspapers up by the house and left the front door unlocked. Then sat in his bedroom naming his bullets.
He obviously was an easy target if he was hit that many times. Wouldnt the next step be to upgrade your security? He knew he was gonna kill someone and that within itself is a crime.
I could easily tempt burglars to break into my house. Would it be ok for me to present myself as an easy target and wait for someone to come and scope it out? Then as soon as he/she enters the house unload a full clip?

41 - 60 of 821 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.