·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The homeowner is gonna have a little problem with following the guy outside and shooting him in his vehicle. Might get charged for that one.
I doubt I would indict him if I was on the GJ. Would you?

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah but how many police officers are going to be in the jury?
I had my civilian hat on when I responded. Would you indict him for shooting the second burglar? I sure would like to hear from someone who is inclined to and yes, I know we are just going off of the story as printed and all.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I sure as hell wouldn't. If he cut the guy's head off and mounted it on a stake in his front yard I might indict him for disorderly conduct.
Once again, you put it in words like few others could.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Does the Grand Jury have to be unanimous to indict? How does that work?
I am not sure, but I do not think it has to be unanimous. Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I don't know what I would do. I certainly think that any random non-gunowner could easily be persuaded to think that this was a man taking the law into his own hands. This isn't the Wild West, the homeowner isn't Dirty Harry, and people feel sorry for thieving people. It's why our justice system sucks. Put the members of DFWstangs on the jury and no-one in a sports car gets a ticket and all ricers do. This guy gets off with a "thanks a lot, duder" and "stupid motherfuckers" go to jail for looking at white women. But this certainly isn't a cross-section of America. If I were picking jurors for the prosecution no CHL holders would be on the jury. Don't forget they just have to convince a couple people "beyond a reasonable doubt".
Do I want this guy in jail? No. But did he follow the law? Probably not.
I don't understand why you would ban law abiding citizens from a GJ just becuase they have a CHL. That sounds kind of un-American to me.

BTW, does random non-gunowner also equate to a typical liberal in your book? I think only a liberal who is more concerned for the criminal than the victim would have empathy for the criminal who got shot.

I also wonder if the bad guy told the homeowner he was going to his truck to get a gun or if the homeonwner worried in his head about that and he justified shooting him that way? I also wonder if the homeowner wondered if these guys had come to his house on past occasions and were there to rob him and he feared for his life that they may return to harm him like they had in the past? It is partially in the mind of the shooter that justifies deadly force, not just the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
whatever officer told you that is a moron...
No doubt! Yeah, shoot somebody in a justified manner, then go and alter the crime scene, hide evidence, change details, and make yourself look guilty of some crime! Way to go idiot!

I had heard that story when I was a civilian and once I became a cop I realized how stupid that thought process is.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
If this guy has been burglarized 3 previous times why didnt he put better locks on his doors or get a burglar alarm? Just because someone enters your house does not give you the right to shoot them. He is not a defender he is an offender.
Let me guess, this guy put a 60" LED TV box out by his curb threw a few newspapers up by the house and left the front door unlocked. Then sat in his bedroom naming his bullets.
He obviously was an easy target if he was hit that many times. Wouldnt the next step be to upgrade your security? He knew he was gonna kill someone and that within itself is a crime.
I could easily tempt burglars to break into my house. Would it be ok for me to present myself as an easy target and wait for someone to come and scope it out? Then as soon as he/she enters the house unload a full clip?

Okay, I should have qualified my request. Is there anyone with credibility and not a felony conviction that would think the homeowner should be indicted?

I am shocked you would take the side of the criminal and not the victim!

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
So let me get this straight. You believe it is okay to bait someone into your home and kill them?
Where is your proof that the homeowner baited these criminals? Do you feel like you were baited when you committed all of your crimes?

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Someone please clarify the law for me. You are telling me it is legal to kill anyone entering your house illegally no matter what their motives are?
Why would I assume a criminal entering my house illegally had anything but lethal motives?

What would you do if someone was breaking into your house while you and your children were there? Yeah, I know you are forbidden from having a handgun, but let's play like you could in this scenario, okay?

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
So is that this guy's problem, he is jealous? :nutkick:
You are very nice for only thinking he has one problem. LMAO!

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hence the reason my wife and I have discussed this kind of stuff in length. She heads for the bathroom and calls the cops "someone just kicked in our door, my husband went to confront them, he is armed" address, yada, yada but that is it. In the event I have to drop some asshat in my house I want to make sure I am the only witness saves the wife from questioning. "I was in the bathroom on the phone with 911".

Popo, does that sound right or is my thinking off?
I would think that would support your belief that you thought the burglar was coming in the house to harm you and your family. You sent your wife to a safer place while you dealt with the intruder.

I sure wouldn't want my wife and daughter to be near the door where the shooting is most likely to happen, especially since I assume anyone breaking into my house is armed and wants to harm me and my family.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
That pretty much sums it up. The wife is armed at this point also but careful discussion over her not shooting when I come back in was a must. I had to revert back to my active duty Marine days; "Barton, coming in". I hope she holds her fire.
I have similar discussions with my wife. We have discussed scenarios out in public, at the house, and in our vehicle. It is her primary responsibility to take care of our daughter and get out of the area and call for help. I have a few phrases and arm movements that she should catch to let her know to take appropriate action.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Actually it is not. Subsection one paragraph three clearly states that you cannot kill the cookie monster provided he clearly states that he is the cookie monster immediately upon breaching your homes security, and as such is exempt from corporal punishment.

Seriously dude. You've gone over the edge with this one...
I keep forgetting about the cookie monster section. :doh:

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
The fact that he was burglarized previously makes it even worse. He knew someone was gonna break into his house and he set him self up to kill them. He put himself in the position to be judge jury and executioner. Then he chased the guy to his car and shot him some more. He was obviously trying to get away. Oh wait he was going to his car to get a weapon. Since he didnt want to carry it while he was breaking into the guys house.
Still having those nightmares that when you were committing crimes you might have gotten killed by one of your victims, huh?

5.0 screams "It is the (my) victims fault!"

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Are you really a lieutenant? Dont you think you should be showing people that you are trust worthy and honest? That you are a true moderator when it comes to the law? Might I ask what is your job?
I am really a Lieutenant and that is my job.

I am trustworthy and honest and I really don't care if a convicted felon thinks otherwise. I have spent a lifetime trying to protect decent people from people like you, so keep defending criminals and taking the side of criminals instead of the victim. You have a history of doing it in multiple threads, so you have a psychological disorder or are just plain evil, either way I don't care what you think.

I would address every one of your stupid posts but so many others have responded (most much better than I ever could) so I will let the other board members treat you the way you deserve, like a piece of garbage.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
5.0 svo Let me see if I understand this. You are trying to say that an intruder has the right to break into my home and not have to face the consequences. He has a right even though he has taken mine away. I know I have a right to a private, safe, and secure home. Some jerkoff kicks my door in and shatters the safety and security and I am just supposed to say oh well he has the right??? Sorry but if you break down my door you just left your rights on that broke ass door.I work my ass off everyday at a legitimate job to pay for my home and my property and you expect me to just give it to somebody that is a thief. Sorry bud ain't gonna happen. I am not looking to hurt anybody but if you break into my house you are the one that is causing me to hurt you. I'm not prowling the streets at night looking for a mark.
5.0 svo can't get past the fact that he committed crimes where someone could have killed him and gotten away with the killing as self defense. He now takes the side of the criminal since he relates to the criminal and feels like he is a decent person and not a criminal. He knows that the victims of his crime feel like he is nothing more than a piece of garbage criminal and that bothers him. He thinks of himself as a victim, so therefore every criminal is also a victim.

There is a psychological term for people like him but I can't find it.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #375 ·
I only have one question to ask you since you keep proving your judgement is lacking.
Do you condone chasing an unarmed man down the street and shooting him because he broke into your house and was trying to get away?
I need some more information first. Was the person armed initially? What does the person chasing the unarmed man believe is happening? What has the intruder/criminal/scumbag burglar said to the victim prior to being chased down? Are you trying to imply you know all the facts of the homeowner in this thread and why he did what he did?

Do you condone chasing an unarmed man down the street and shooting him because he broke into your house and was trying to get away?
Calm down hero, I would have thought a few years of sitting in a prison cell for 23 hours a day would have given you some patience. I guess not.

I like how Paladin avoids my questions. Its as if he has something to hide. I think I am gonna see what the real cops believe.
I haven't avoided anything you idiot. I have asked numerous questions you have avoided, but I have nothing to avoid from a convicted felon loser like you, trust me.

While I do enjoy making fun of you and seeing so many others making a fool of you, I do have a life outside of this site. Get over yourself thinking I need to respond to your liking. I don't do requests from scumbag criminals, especially convicted felon criminals.

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
so if you have ever broken the law you are a criminal? How many people here have never broken the law?
So you whine when I don't respond promptly to you (because I was off the site) but post after me and then ignore my post and it's questions? What a bitch!

·
Premium Member
14,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.