1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
I sure hope not. Glad he got the scum.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
No word however as to whether the scum bags had possession of any of his property. Since it says he opened fire as soon as they walked through the door I would assume not.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
New Castle Doctrine says you no longer have to drag them in the house.
I don't think its as clear cut as that. It is 2 AM and I've had a few beers. But I believe the part about them being outside of your house reads something like:

A. If they are on your property and you feel your life is in danger you have the right to protect yourself and your belongings

B. If they have robbed you and you feel the only means of regaining possession of the stolen goods is lethal force, you are able to do so. I.E. that crackhead is running down the street with your big screen and you feel the only way you can retrieve it is to use lethal force, you can do so.

Again, loose translation...

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

link to castle doctrine.

Section 9.32 can be argued both ways.
(2) [if a reasonable person in the actor's situation would not have retreated; and
[(3)] when and to the degree the actor [he] reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

I.E. shouldn't have chased him outside

however,

(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

He may very well have prevented the imminent commission of aggravated robbery of another habitation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.