DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Just because someone enters your house does not give you the right to shoot them.
No, but somebody illegally entering my house does give me the right to shoot them. :)
He is not a defender he is an offender.
No, he's a hero and saved taxpayers money.
Let me guess, this guy put a 60" LED TV box out by his curb threw a few newspapers up by the house and left the front door unlocked. Then sat in his bedroom naming his bullets.
He obviously was an easy target if he was hit that many times. Wouldnt the next step be to upgrade your security?
Wow, that's a stretch. He's not the one that broke into somebody else's home; he committed no crime.
He knew he was gonna kill someone and that within itself is a crime.
Self-defense isn't a crime in the US. At least not yet...

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Well even if he did have a gun. If hes not holding it in his hand and you are holding yours pointed at him then I think he is at a disadvantage right off the bat.
So by your rules all criminals should be shot on sight.
And it only takes a fraction of a second for the victim's (that's the guy whose home you just broke into) advantage to turn into a disadvantage. The second you broke into somebody's home, you put him in fear for his life and you put your life in danger.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
but what if he is only gonna rob you!?!?!? he was no threat to you life, he just wanted to take your stuff and go, but you KILLED HIM!!!! MURDERER!!!!!!
If he's only came to rob me, he picked the wrong house, both for net value and the risk:reward ratio.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
So by your rules stated above, you would kill:
a homeless person looking for shelter, an elderly person that may be lost, police officers serving a warrant, etc etc..........
Unless they do a hell of a job convincing me they're not a threat, yes. Now, I sure hope it doesn't happen.

BTW, I really don't see police executing a search warrant on me like that, given what they know about me.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Do you really want me to teach you how to be a burglar since you are trying to teach me how to be a victim?
I'm not trying to teach you to be a victim. :confused:
Lets not talk about officers forcing their way in when they could have found less violent ways of doing it.
Then why'd you bring it up?

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
So how is anyone supposed to trust you? If the police are serving a warrant and your looking out the little peephole trying to make friends. They are gonna kick your door in. What do you do now?
I'll shoot them. I've already stated that. I've also said that I have confidence that the police know enough about me not to do something dumb like break into my home.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Well until they serve their search warrant you are not a law abiding citizen. So your saying if a cop ever has to serve a warrant on you, you are gonna shoot them? So tell me how do you know these police officers so well?
You can't read, can you? If they force their way into my home and don't properly identifty themselves, I will shoot them. If they tell me what's going on (before forcing their way in), I'll gladly let them in.

The police know that I am a law-abiding citizen, not a convicted felon like you. They know I'm most likely armed, and forcing their way into my home the same way that you would is a good way to get shot.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.