DFW Mustang Forums banner

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

2332 Views 40 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  tex
Been waiting for this for a while :banana:

EDIT: Fuck it... dunno why the embeded video wont work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0rmWo6JdA
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
hurry with the ninja edit!
Dunno why the embed code isn't workin for me.
You can't embed in this forum.

Boondock Saints has to be one of the most retarded and overrrated "cult" movies of all time. The only thing I can rationalize it with is that it came out not too long after Pulp Fiction and people were desperately wanting another "cultish cool" type movie and this was it.
You can't embed in this forum.

Boondock Saints has to be one of the most retarded and overrrated "cult" movies of all time. The only thing I can rationalize it with is that it came out not too long after Pulp Fiction and people were desperately wanting another "cultish cool" type movie and this was it.
Holy shit. You're the first person that I've ever agreed with that on. Never really thought about the Pulp Fiction connection since I was too young to see either of them when they came out, but I generally take a lot of shit for not liking that movie.
Brad, a solid 9/10's of the kids from your birthday party are going to love this movie.
Holy shit. You're the first person that I've ever agreed with that on. Never really thought about the Pulp Fiction connection since I was too young to see either of them when they came out, but I generally take a lot of shit for not liking that movie.

I've been berated often for it myself. It was 5 years between that and Pulp Fiction, but about a year after PF came out there was an explosion of indie films coming out. While that was a good thing, there were a LOT of BAD movies in the mix and it took awhile for the dust to settle. It was like when the Seattle bands were big yet you had assclowns like Candlebox hogging up radio play too since anything "Seattle" was considered "golden."
Brad, a solid 9/10's of the kids from your birthday party are going to love this movie.
I know, dude. Some people just can't be helped. There weren't enough stoners at that party is what I've deduced.

I've been berated often for it myself. It was 5 years between that and Pulp Fiction, but about a year after PF came out there was an explosion of indie films coming out. While that was a good thing, there were a LOT of BAD movies in the mix and it took awhile for the dust to settle. It was like when the Seattle bands were big yet you had assclowns like Candlebox hogging up radio play too since anything "Seattle" was considered "golden."
Interestingly enough I know a dude that LOVES Candlebox and Boondock Saints. That explains a lot.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the movie sucked, heh.
Everytime I've been asked if I have seen Boondock Saints, I say no and they act like I shot their dog or something. Wtf is the deal with this movie?
Everytime I've been asked if I have seen Boondock Saints, I say no and they act like I shot their dog or something. Wtf is the deal with this movie?
That's happened to me way too many times. I keep waiting for one of these hardcore lovers of the movie to pull it out of their collection and show it to me. However, an interesting thing happens. None of them have it.

They've got a shitton of other movies from the genre, but that one escapes them.
I can't wait to see this movie.

i didn't think it was very popular, but then again I don't really care what anybody else thinks about it. Not the best filmed, acted, written movie I have ever seen, but I like it anyway.
I can't wait to see this movie.

i didn't think it was very popular, but then again I don't really care what anybody else thinks about it. Not the best filmed, acted, written movie I have ever seen, but I like it anyway.
I'm right there with you, I'm not saying the first was an academy award winner, IMO the movie was pretty bad ass.
I can see how nose-up movie snobs wouldn't like this. Especially if they see it after somebody tells them it's good, but I personally think the movie is pretty cool. It's not the BEST movie, but I like how they show what happened as the investigator is piecing together the events of the "hits."
I can see how nose-up movie snobs wouldn't like this. Especially if they see it after somebody tells them it's good, but I personally think the movie is pretty cool. It's not the BEST movie, but I like how they show what happened as the investigator is piecing together the events of the "hits."

THAT was cool, and the best part of the movie.
THAT was cool, and the best part of the movie.
Funny Man was funny, especially with his Coke joke. Then there's him grabbing the tit of the dead stripper. Don't forget his bellhop/room service uniform he's sporting along with his black eye and a name tag that says "Jafar." I like how this movie is always either loved by people or hated -- nobody really says "it was an ok movie."
I thought it was a pretty cool flick. never got into the cultish side of it but have met people that are like that. I have seen it about 4 times over the last 6 years. I do own the movie. have showed it to a few people, all like it. some of the lines are a little eh... and Dafoe was kinda strange in that movie, but I really dont care for him regardless. I think it is that Aerosmith mouth of his just freaks me out a bit.
I liked the fact that Dafoe became more and more bizzare and intense in his theatrical explanation of the hits, to the point where he's actually right there with you, guiding you right through the whole thing, reliving it with you to the point where he's sweating with exhaustion when he's through, lol!
We own it and love it. We couldnt wait to see the new one and it did not let us down. We laughed our asses off the whole movie. I havent been to a movie in while were people were actually clapping at four or five parts of the movie. I do agree its kinda like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs but I loved them too.

I loaned the first one to my best friend and he watched it saturday and loved it. He also agreed the second one lived up to the hype and laughed his ass off the whole time.

I guess if you really really loved the first one then you would get all the stuff from the second one. I mean there are people out there that love all sorts of movies I hate.
I liked the fact that Dafoe became more and more bizzare and intense in his theatrical explanation of the hits, to the point where he's actually right there with you, guiding you right through the whole thing, reliving it with you to the point where he's sweating with exhaustion when he's through, lol!
Thats one of the greatest aspects of the movie IMO. Of course Dafoe is like that in every movie he's in.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.