DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boom Bitch!

My step dad told me his car(97 Prelude) was leaking oil. I asked him if he wanted me to fix it. Of course he told me no. I would check it now and then. Quite often it would be 3 quarts low :eek: It doesn't help that he drives about 9K miles between oil changes.

He told me he thought he heard a lifter ticking on the way home and the oil light came on. He told me where, and I am thinking "holy shit, thats 20 miles away"! I go check the oil and the dipstick doesn't even have a drop of oil on it. Put a couple quarts in and check it, put the last two quarts I have in the garage in the car and start it up....

KNOCKA KNOCKA KNOCKA!!!!

No good...rod knocking.

My parents can't pay their damn bills, much less by a new motor for that lude. I built my car in the garage, and several bikes, I offered to put a new motor in the lude. Get it from a junkyard or something. My step dad doesn't like the idea. A new one is 5g's and the best deal he found for a used one is $3600 (installed on both) I had a buddy get a used one for $1500 and he installed it himself. I would rather get the motor and put it inmyself and know it was done right, but to each his own....

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did my title get changed? Did I miss a posting "sticky" or something...is Boom Bitch too edgy for dfwstangs? There have been lots of threads about sex...is there something wrong with boom bitch?

Oh...and yeah my step dad is a dumb ass, maybe they won't go 9k in between oil changes with their other car. My ford motor lasted about 75k longer than his Honda :D I guess it was all that nitrous my ford huffed;)

·
Premium Member
31,877 Posts
HobieF3 said:
Why did my title get changed? Did I miss a posting "sticky" or something...is Boom Bitch too edgy for dfwstangs? There have been lots of threads about sex...is there something wrong with boom bitch?
I was thinkin' the same thing, I think one of the mods is trigger happy tonight.;)

·
Married Man on 14Feb2010
14,105 Posts
I remember going over to my parents house several years ago during the winter. I saw my Dad reading the owner's manual to his new Chevy truck, that he purchase less than a year earlier. My mom yell, "Why don't you ask him if he knows?" I asked, "Know what." My dad said, "Nothing." My mom said "The heater only blows hot air for a few minutes and then it goes cold again. Is there a blown fuse or something?" :eek:

I said I would go out and look. I get outside and see the coolant reserviorm, it is empty. I open the radiator and it is low on water. I told my dad that it needs water. He said ok. I watch while he gets the hose and fills up the radiator. After he fills it, he puts the cap back on and said, "Done!", with a smile. I said, "Not quite." I took off the radiator cap and asked for his keys. After letting the truck run a while, we were watching the water swirl around in the radiator, then the water level dropped quickly and my dad asked, "Where the water go again?" :rolleyes:

After refilling the radiator he asked "Are we done now?" I said, "We better check the oil level too, while we are here." None on the stick. :rolleyes: It had been 10,000 mile since the oil was changed.

I still love him. :D

·
YnoT
1,149 Posts
I did a shortblock on a 02 Sienna minivan that had 14,000 miles on it. She said she thought her husband had been taking care of changing the oil. A brand new car cannot go 14,000 on 0 oil changes. Well warranty does not cover stupidity. 25hrsx80hr/shop rate=$2000 labor $3500 shortblock=$5500 mistake. Hell it only costs $20 to get you oil changed :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.