DFW Mustang Forums banner

Body fat analysis - how do you do it?

597 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  2001Chevy 
#1 ·
I got a friend that has calipers and does all that but I've read that it is hard to get accurate readings doing that yourself because of the positions you may have to twist into to get the readings.

Also heard about some scales you can get that tell you btu they are probably not that accurate, but they may be good for personal record keeping and measuring differences or something.

Also, what would it cost to go somewhere and have someone check you out and tell you what your body fat % is?

#2 ·
I've always had mine done with calipers. I've used one of the scales, but I didn't believe the results that it gave me. If you are a member of a fitness center or a gym, just ask the owner or trainer there and see if they can do it. If not you can have a physical done and ask them to that as part of it.

Mike H.

#5 ·
The hydro based body fat count is the most accurate nonetheless.. I have tried the calipers many times and then came this machine that u enter in your stats and then place both hands on sensors and then you get a reading. One time I read at 12.6 which is great but couple days after I had a 14.7 which is in the borderline of great and a good reading .The battery operated machine is more accurate than the calipers but the water testing is the best and I dont think its cheap either lol.

#6 ·
Swoll5.0 said:
I'm curious as to a cost, too. I've never had mine done.
Fitness Essentials has a coupon for a free "bod-pod" session with a $30 purchase, so the next time you need to buy protien head on up there.

#8 ·
LilCPop said:
How do I get that coupon? I was gonna snag some protein from there before hitting the gym today.
Just ask the guy/gal at the counter before you pay. They may be able to do it then, but you might need to schedule a time when there is enough staff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.