DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,988 Posts
That is nasty and restrictive. If I had a F body I would just go to Lane's and get something likw this setup that is on JC's car. I saw a post on camaroz28.com where Lane did one with tailpipes too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Scott that exhaust system you posted is very restrictive! Donot go with anything but mandrel bent! Goto Lanes and have him hook you up with a 2.5" mandrel bent H pipe system complete with Hooker longtubes. He does it all and his systems rock the boat!! Listen to this exhaust clip, this is a Trans-Am with H pipe and true duals done by Lanes! This guys cam is a bitch cam compared to the one going in mine this Sunday but it should give you an idea of the sound.

http://laneswheels.com/reverse_split_thunder.mov
 

·
Hustlin'
Joined
·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Erfan Z28 said:
Scott that exhaust system you posted is very restrictive! Donot go with anything but mandrel bent! Goto Lanes and have him hook you up with a 2.5" mandrel bent H pipe system complete with Hooker longtubes. He does it all and his systems rock the boat!! Listen to this exhaust clip, this is a Trans-Am with H pipe and true duals done by Lanes! This guys cam is a bitch cam compared to the one going in mine this Sunday but it should give you an idea of the sound.

http://laneswheels.com/reverse_split_thunder.mov

SOLD! ;)
 

·
Hustlin'
Joined
·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blacksn95 said:

EDIT: "This Trans AM has a reverse split Thunder cam, H-pipe and stock heads - 405 RWHP / 388 RWTQ"


UH....is that the true scoop? I've got an LS1 T/A not too unlike this one (in the sense that I could build mine the same way)

Any one know of this car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
blacksn95 said:
EDIT: "This Trans AM has a reverse split Thunder cam, H-pipe and stock heads - 405 RWHP / 388 RWTQ"


UH....is that the true scoop? I've got an LS1 T/A not too unlike this one (in the sense that I could build mine the same way)

Any one know of this car?
Of course you could build yours like this!! It is a Thunder racing TR230 with 111 LSA, see how hard it hits. Mine will hit alot harder than that TA;) I believe that is Monsoon X's car.
 

·
Hustlin'
Joined
·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Erfan Z28 said:
Of course you could build yours like this!! It is a Thunder racing TR230 with 111 LSA, see how hard it hits. Mine will hit alot harder than that TA;) I believe that is Monsoon X's car.
The HP is WAY impressive given the mods mentioned in the webpage. I'm sure it has a few other odd's and ends as well but damn, I might just copy cat this setup; sound is great, more lope would be even better but the sound is dead on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
blacksn95 said:
The HP is WAY impressive given the mods mentioned in the webpage. I'm sure it has a few other odd's and ends as well but damn, I might just copy cat this setup; sound is great, more lope would be even better but the sound is dead on.
Yeah he has lid, ASP pulley, shaner throttle body, LS6 intake.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top