DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-----------------------
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to start my car this morning and when I was cranking it made this awful noise, sounded like the starter was griding horribly. I quickly turned off the key and the damn thing kept on turning!! It did not stop until I took of the battery cable. I did not have time to try to crank it up again. What could it be.

·
Darkside
20,179 Posts
trey85stang said:
solenoid more likly, it got stuck!

They trey dude is correct. I had this happen to me. Scared the shit out of me. I was in such a panic, I took the key out of the ignition to see if that would stop it. LOL!

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
Starter, it happened to my car too. Once those starters get old they do that kind of stuff.

Convert to the newer mini starter while you are at it. Its a much better design.

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,369 Posts
Get a new solenoid before you get a starter. If the starter continued to spin the engine over after you turned the engine off, that means the solenoid was not disengaging & was probably stuck.

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
I had that happen on the F150, and yes in my panic I took the key out to see if it would stop LOL..... (hey, it still turning over :eek: )

Luckily, I was in the driveway close to the tools and a quick snip on the battery cable with some cutters stopped it. It was the solenoid.

·
Registered
655 Posts
don't avoid the 'noid! lol well, you know what i mean. it is the solinoid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.