DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.auto.com/industry/iwirc23_20021223.htm

Another case against Ford. Heres what I think: You hit any parked car going 80-100 mph and the bitch just might explode. For some reason, people run into police cars and other cars parked on the side of the road all the time. I can't understand that one. But, for some reason it does. Also, add the fact that ALL police cars are Crown Vics. Now, we all have gas tanks in the rear of our cars. So, why are we not hearing about our cars exploding all the time? Okay, I heard about the verts- but I think those were SN95s- and it was just a couple of model years. Opinions???

·
None
10,576 Posts
The lawsuit is not suing Ford for damages, they're suing to get crash test and safety data that Ford is withholding.

As for the explosion possibility, Ford has identified a puncture causing condition that in ANY sufficient for impact, a bolt and protuding tab were responsible for puncturing the gas tank and causing a fire inducing situation.

The cost to replace the bolt and grind down the tab is $4.77 per vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.