DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy atleast a 20" flat screen. Any recommendation on where to spend my money?
 

·
El Camino
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
I take it you mean an LCD not a flat CRT. Those won't be cheap.

I'd keep an eye on pricewatch or bensbargains.net sometimes has leads for some good deals.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stang2be said:
I take it you mean an LCD not a flat CRT. Those won't be cheap.

I'd keep an eye on pricewatch or bensbargains.net sometimes has leads for some good deals.
What do you mean by Flat CRT?
 

·
3rd shift sloucher
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
are you just going to be surfing the net and doing word and stuff like that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RiSk said:
are you just going to be surfing the net and doing word and stuff like that?
Yes, but I would like good resolution for pics and whatnot...
 

·
3rd shift sloucher
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
then expect to lay down a good chunk of change, you could get a monitor that would BLOW the lcd outta the water for about half the price

just take alook at it in real life befor you buy is all i have to say
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RiSk said:
then expect to lay down a good chunk of change, you could get a monitor that would BLOW the lcd outta the water for about half the price

just take alook at it in real life befor you buy is all i have to say
Well, Im looking to spend $600-700 so what/where do you suggest?
 

·
3rd shift sloucher
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
go to some where with a LARGE monitor selection, and take a look, go to some where like frys where you can see them in action
i am scriming atm, but i will make a good list for you by mid day tommrow1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RiSk said:
go to some where with a LARGE monitor selection, and take a look, go to some where like frys where you can see them in action
i am scriming atm, but i will make a good list for you by mid day tommrow1
Thanks, I will probably swing by Fry's tomorrow.

EDIT: Today I guess I should say. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
I agree TOTALLY!

Yes the flat LCD panel is expensive and has a high "cool" factor but if you are serious about the quality of the image, you will always go back to CRT type monitor. There are several flatscreen tube models out there now.

Before you buy, take the time to go and see the units up close and personal. Other than warranty, don't get too caught up in the specs; your own eyes are the best judge. Once you find the model that you want, go online and see if you can save any money buying online. Good luck
 

·
Yes I'm...
Joined
·
3,630 Posts
I can tell you where to get a 21" trinitron monitor (CRT with flat screen) for $125. They are refurbished with a 90 day warranty, but for that price it's hard to go wrong. It will make a big footprint on your desk but they look better than LCDs.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top