DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Lost in suburbia HELLLLLL
4,295 Posts
I have yet to find one that even comes closes to the places, in New Jersey, New York, or Philly that I used to go to as a kid with my dad.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prochargedpony said:
I have yet to find one that even comes closes to the places, in New Jersey, New York, or Philly that I used to go to as a kid with my dad.
I am having the same issue. I found one in Cupertino, Ca called Jersey Joe's that was good in Cali but he sold it and moved to Hawaii. Now I am on a quest to find one in DFW.

Have you found any good sub shops in the area?

·
aka onlya302
2,641 Posts
One thing I really miss about being in Dallas is going to Texadelphia, Their Cheesesteaks were AWESOME!

·
Lost in suburbia HELLLLLL
4,295 Posts
onlya302 said:
One thing I really miss about being in Dallas is going to Texadelphia, Their Cheesesteaks were AWESOME!

Those are good, they aren't the same as up north, but they have a special texas flavor to them.

Sub shops are far and few around here. Texas has some good ones, but they aren't like the ones up north. They are good in their own way. Honestly texas has great food, but you have to search around there is SOOOOOOO much to choose from here.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Texadelphia adds beef stock to the meat while they cook it and it makes it salty and overpowers the onions and Cheese. Not bad but definitely not Philly. :)

Some of the Joes make a decent sub but it all depends on which Joe's though.....

Raymond

·
5,408 Posts
I have yet to find one here. I love those damn things! The closest i have had would have to be at a place called Big Joes in Colleyville.

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
7,159 Posts
doopie said:
Texadelphia adds beef stock to the meat while they cook it and it makes it salty and overpowers the onions and Cheese.

Raymond
No, they do not. But they are the only place I know of out side of philly that ever went to the trouble of having the Amoroso roll's shipped from philly everyday.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jetfast50 said:
No, they do not. But they are the only place I know of out side of philly that ever went to the trouble of having the Amoroso roll's shipped from philly everyday.
Let me be more specific...The Texadelphia in Hulen used a combination of salt/pepper/garlic/beef boullion and sprinkled it all over the meat while they were cooking it. The owner said it made the sandwiches taste better. I didn't think they were that great decent but no great. As for Philly Connection they have the right concept just need better and more ingredients. The bread was to chewy and the meat was chopped so fine it was almost like eating hamburger after the guy minced it on the grill.

Thanks for the tip on Big Joes in Colleyville. They are the same owners as the one in Haltom City and Euless Main/Harwood and there sandwiches are prety decent. The cleanliness is an issue in Haltom City for me. We usually drive to Euless to eat since they seem to be cleaner. Will have to try the one on 26 next time.

Any others.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Streets Sandwiches is a good place to get one. Not northern style but definately one of the best I have ever had!

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thiscat2000 said:
Streets Sandwiches is a good place to get one. Not northern style but definately one of the best I have ever had!

Kyle
Sounds like a place to try....Where are they located?

Raymond

·
lol, this place sucks now
13,422 Posts
there is a Jersey Joes on Arapaho/tollway next to Larrys Shoes. I'm not sure if they are affliated with anyone and I've never had a cheesesteak there but their other sammiches are pretty damn good

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
fuck all those, Freds downtown Philly is amazing. I am friends with the owner, he gets the bread imported from philly, and use to make cheesesteaks out there.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Have you tried the New England Cheesesteak Factory off Coit in Plano??? We used to go there all the time when I worked at TI.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
It is over in the Turtle Creek area I think it is up on Oaklawn if my memory serves me correctly.

Kyle

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
doopie said:
Let me be more specific...The Texadelphia in Hulen used a combination of salt/pepper/garlic/beef boullion and sprinkled it all over the meat while they were cooking it. The owner said it made the sandwiches taste better. I didn't think they were that great decent but no great. As for Philly Connection they have the right concept just need better and more ingredients. The bread was to chewy and the meat was chopped so fine it was almost like eating hamburger after the guy minced it on the grill.
You sound like a whiney ass yankee. :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts