DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
Do you know what type of game you will be playing? Woods or field?

I have a few Tippmann 98's and really like them. They aren't flashy, but there's a reason most places rent Tippman's. They are hard to break, and when they do they are easily fixable. There's lot's of parts to upgrade them with, and they seem to hold their value pretty well too.

I play private Woodsball and use a Tippmann 98 custom, with a sniper barrel & cyclone hopper.

· <Insert Title Here>
2,051 Posts
We will be playing woods ball next weekend and if I like it there are a few fields to play in my area.

Tippman A5 with Reactive/Response trigger. It's not full auto, so the refs cannot call you out on it, but if you get the sweet spot you can hammer the rounds down field so your teammates can flank them out of the bushes or pallets they are hiding behind.

Plus it's pretty freaking scary to be huddled down while you hear a Tippman rattle your cover with paint and then a guy comes around and puts one into your back.

If you are looking for something that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever break, then get a VM-68. They are older than dirt but I had 2 and they always worked.

I used to paintball, forget the haters who say get a life or wife or girl, it is an incredibly fun sport...but expensive which is why I sold all my gear about 3 years ago. I miss it, it was so fun...even in the 114* heat

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1558212433.html

Craiglist said:
selling all for $160 obo!!! trades welcome!!!

tippmann a5: GOOD CONDITION!!!-no trigger guard

WORKS PERFECT!!!

COMES WITH:
co2 tank 14 oz
response trigger
zero gravaty barrel
hopper and pod full of paint

WANTS:
invert mini
xbox 360
nice laptop
HD t.v.

i will reply super fast!!!!

TEXT ME 972-757-4242

or EMAIL ME

[email protected] !!

email me for any pics!!

Tags: tippmann, A5, woods ball, response trigger, paintball, marker, gun, invert mini, mini paintball, mini invert, mini paintball gun

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tippman A5 with Reactive/Response trigger. It's not full auto, so the refs cannot call you out on it, but if you get the sweet spot you can hammer the rounds down field so your teammates can flank them out of the bushes or pallets they are hiding behind.

Plus it's pretty freaking scary to be huddled down while you hear a Tippman rattle your cover with paint and then a guy comes around and puts one into your back.

If you are looking for something that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever break, then get a VM-68. They are older than dirt but I had 2 and they always worked.

I used to paintball, forget the haters who say get a life or wife or girl, it is an incredibly fun sport...but expensive which is why I sold all my gear about 3 years ago. I miss it, it was so fun...even in the 114* heat
Thanks

Any other advice on play would help also.

· Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I use to own a spyder gun, I think that's what they were called. Was a really good gun, had a barrel, modded trigger and electronic hopper. We all played woods play so it was good to have a gun that had good accuracy and distance

· Banned
1,101 Posts
I had some buddies who played this alot. Some of their friends played competitively..

When I was going to get into it, I was looking hard at the Tippmans..

all the Paintball dude's laughed at me and told me to buy an ION.

ION is supposed to be a good "starter/midlevel" brand that is fully customizable and holds its value. Not sure about model specifics, but there's my .02

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/spo/1560553163.html

· Formerly 5.0Vert
9,515 Posts
I had some buddies who played this alot. Some of their friends played competitively..

When I was going to get into it, I was looking hard at the Tippmans..

all the Paintball dude's laughed at me and told me to buy an ION.

ION is supposed to be a good "starter/midlevel" brand that is fully customizable and holds its value. Not sure about model specifics, but there's my .02

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/spo/1560553163.html
my buddies have owned everything from autocockers to ions to invert mini's and even a purple shocker(best marker I've shot so far), I never spent that much money on a marker but there are alot better markers out there that the tippmans( IN MY OPINION), I know they are reliable but I can't recall ever seeing a team that beat me using one.
If I were you, to get started, I'd buy a relatively inexpensive marker like this

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/Smart-Parts-ION-Paintball-Marker_prod_GNSION_BLK_832

It should do great with the stock barrel but I always use an aftermarket barrel and for some reason always go with a smart parts barrel, I've had good luck with them and they shoot true.

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/Smart-Parts-Paintball-Barrels_prods_155

· Retired Gun
4,561 Posts
lol...

Smart Parts Ion is the best bottom level gun....however....I would not buy anything new in that hobbie. Go to www.flagstation.com and buy from locals. For woods ball you do not need anything that shoots really fast. It might help in some close quarters but in woods ball that is few and far between. Intimidators, shockers, proto, and dm4/5's should be sought after first as they are old enough now to be cheap since the market floods itself with different variations each year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.