DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Highly Compressed
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes, there is absolutely no room in my GeeTee's engine compartment as far as I can tell to mount a 6AL ignition box. Where do you guys mount yours. My brother relocated the battery in his coupe to the trunk and used the freshly vacated space, but that is not an option on my hatchback.:confused: Pics would help....

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
I believe that heat can lead to an early demise of those boxes so i lengthen the harness and mount it under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
655 Posts
putting mine on the tranny hump on the pass, side.

·
Foxaholic
6,822 Posts
Box

Why is everyone recommending the passenger side? The ignition harness is on the drivers side. If you are going to put it under a seat, why the pass. side? Just more wire to run and harder to conceal. Same thing with the engine compartment. If the battery is still there then why not the driver's seat? It does not get much easier. Just my opinion.

·
Foxaholic
6,822 Posts
Good point

Sorry... sometimes I assume that everyone has a fox body.
Wait a minute... just noticed that you did it on a '90 which does not have power seats. Are you talking about power lumbar? That does not affect the room underneath at all. Maybe you have aftermarket power seats or something?

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Passenger side doesnt make sense to me either, there is the stereo amp on that side and less room than under drivers side.

If I get a new console, Im putting mine under it, if not, then under drivers seat. I just have a 6A so no need to have access to swap pills.
-Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.