DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For X-mas my sister & I got my dad a bottle of the Johnnie Walker Blue Label that he had been asking about for a while & he(and my uncles) absolutley loved it:D It seems to be the perfect gift for him since he is so picky. Its the one gift we know he won't waste, hehe. The bottle cost me $200 & trips to 3 different stores that didn't carry it. The other one he wanted was Royal Salute or someting like that. My question is, does anyone know of a good Liquor that I could get a 55+ year old man as a GIFT. I prefer it be in $150-$300 range since it will only be a once in a year kind of thing. I keep hearing about a Johnnie Walker Gold Label but I think its cheaper than the Blue. If you can confirm, I would appreciate it.

Just wondering.

Thanks

·
Marcus Aurelius
4,198 Posts
Johnny Walker Blue Label is supposedly the best JW you can buy. You should try calling some of the upscale restaraunts in N. Dallas to see what their best whiskeys are and see what they could recommend

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,855 Posts
Blue Label if you want blended scotch. Macallan 25 yr in the single malt variety.

Gold Label will run you about $60. Royal Salute I believe is Chivas and runs about $120-130.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Best Licker... who ever happens to be down there... oh you mean liquor. ;)

Call the Whiskey bar in Dallas off Greenville. They are just that a whiskey bar. They will know what to get as far a whiskey goes. I know its after xmas but you can use ths info later on if not this year. Not totally sure who to ask about scotch. Hope he enjoyed what ever you got him...

~N

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.