DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have been working out for about two months now I have seen some progrees already.I work nights therefore my schedule is crazy.I have been waking up in the afternoons and the first thing I have been doing is cookin about 4-5 eggs and eating them and drinking a good amount of orange juice.I then go to the gym and do my workout.then I go to work.I usually eat a lot of vegtables throughout the night for snacks(carrots,celery,brocoli) I have been eating salads and or like lean cuisine dinners for my lunch during the night.I normally dont eat anything else for the day.Anyhow, just curious if anyone has some better advice for me.Like I said I have seen some progress so I feel like I have to be doing something right somewhere just dont know where.Thanks for any help....

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Eggs are great, but it depends on how you cook them. Oatmeal and boiled eggs are great to start the day.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
I like some bread stuff (french toast sticks...pastry), some eggs w/salsa and oatmeal. I only eat a little of the bread stuff and eggs and 1-2 servings of the oatmeal. You are like me, I have to eat breakfast, finish my shift then go work out. So, IMO a slightly larger portion is okay. I also recommend boiled eggs (without the inside yoke stuff), although I eat scrambled since the chow hall here over does the eggs and it takes 20 minutes to peel 2 of them. :)

Oh, I drink some juice (orange, apple...etc) and tomato/veg juice with it. Plus, plenty of water throughout the day/night.

Take care,

·
Extreme Clean!
4,965 Posts
5111 said:
Eggs are great, but it depends on how you cook them. Oatmeal and boiled eggs are great to start the day.

That's what I do. 6 to 8 boiled eggs (minus the yolk on all but one) and two cups of oatmeal. Lots of water! If you don't have time for the eggs just use a protein drink or bar and oatmeal.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I should skip on the yolk too but that is my favorite part :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so everyone posted what they eat everymorning or afternoon like in my case but anyhow I am to assume that I am doing ok with what I am eating for breakfast everyday.I dont think I could do boiled eggs.The last time I tried that I had the shits!!lol..I wouldnt wanna be in the gym or at work and have that problem lol....anyhow, does anyone have any comments or suggestions on my meals for the rest of my day?Thx for all the comments....

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
I do salady stuff for lunch, light on meats and try to stay with chicken or fish. ...ummm...I guess I only eat twice. I do snack before bed, but I stay with nutrigrain bars, and other somewhat healthy snacks.

I personally keep a healthy diet for about 6 days and then on the 7th I eat whatever I want. The key is not to eat very little, just eat a little of everything.....moderation.

Take care,

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Eat little 5-6 times a day. Stay away from fatty foods and try and keep the carbs under control. Don't drink soft drinks either and try not to go out to eat. Drink tons of water and eat lots of lean protein. Real food is better than powders. My diet is not perfect, but here is what I do:

6:00am Oatmeal w/milk (sometimes boiled eggs)
9:00am an entire bunch of celery or a small salad and low-fat cheese
12:30 Fat free cottage cheese, fat free yogurt, and celery or salad. A chicken breast instead of the cottage cheese if I remember to bring one to work.
2:30pm 1/2 of a protien shake before hitting the gym and one right afterwards
6:00ish Dinner (grilled chicken or pork chop w/ steamed green veggies and a salad)

·
Registered
392 Posts
your diet should be made to custom fit your metabolism and goals towards your body.

personally, i eat oatmeal, eggs, and protein shakes in the mornings at 7am, protein shake between 9 & 10am depending on how i feel. i eat lunch twice a day, once around 11am, and around 3pm. with protein shakes in bewteen. then i go lift, drink a protein shake, go home, eat lean steak and veggies, then a protein shake before bed.

i usually consume on average around 400grams of protein a day,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts