DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a "good" high temp header paint? My headers are ceramic coated already and I am looking to freshen up the outside coating.

·
heavy weight
281 Posts
paint

east wood makes a great silver paint for that . you can apply it with a brush and it looks like you sprayed it on . it also holds up great . a pint will paint six or seven headers sets this stuff goes a long way.

part# 10366z-- 20.99
ph# 1-800-345-1178

ken

·
Horsepower Extractor
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
east wood makes a great silver paint for that . you can apply it with a brush and it looks like you sprayed it on . it also holds up great . a pint will paint six or seven headers sets this stuff goes a long way.
Thanks.

If they have a do it yourself kit..... I am all over that!

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
I just used canned spray paint from autozone, 1000*, looks fine.
Its not as shiny as it once was, but it still looks good ( I leaked some shit on them :mad: ). I spent $5.

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
I used the autozone high temp paint... I dont think its VHT, I think its Dupont..

anyways, the trick is to clean them with acetone or something similar (then dont touch them with your hands cause of the oils...use some rubber/latex gloves), spray about 3-5 light coats and let it dry between coats. Then, again not touching with your hands, either bake them at 400* or so for about an hour or install them and let the exhaust temps cycle the paint. If they are shorties, bake them but if they are full length like mine were you dont ahve a choice but to let the motor do the work...

Mine still look good but there were some bumps and dings on the install that made some of the paint flake but its doing pretty well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.