DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery in my Ranger is having problem staying charged...it is boiling and smelled like rotten eggs...

I heard battery is bad if it smelled like rotten eggs...is it true?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Oxidizer187 said:
Change it before it explodes.
Umm, definitely.

FWIW, my ranger(mazda) battery dies every couple years, even when I buy the "long lasting" ones. I've given up on charging them unless they've been sitting for a while or have had the lights left on, etc. You usually spend a lot of time hassling with it and end up with a new battery anyway.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
INTP said:
Umm, definitely.

FWIW, my ranger(mazda) battery dies every couple years, even when I buy the "long lasting" ones. I've given up on charging them unless they've been sitting for a while or have had the lights left on, etc. You usually spend a lot of time hassling with it and end up with a new battery anyway.
Unless you add water periodically they are not going to last more than a few years. I usually buy a Die Hard or and Autozone battery because they last pretty long and are made by the same company.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
I get blems for $28 ea , ive had the three in the 18 wheeler for 3 years now no problems. Same batterys no fancy bullshit on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts