DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got the sucker one but from the sound i think I may have a leak somewhere but I'm not sure since I have never had some one show me what it sounds like before. Whats the best way to track it down, take it to the Western Auto and let them have a go? Will they even look at it if its catless?

Not sure if you can here it in this clip, the only time I can really hear it is driving. Idle sounds fine.
http://rapidshare.de/files/929014/1.AVI.html

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
silvereight said:
Ok got the sucker one but from the sound i think I may have a leak somewhere but I'm not sure since I have never had some one show me what it sounds like before. Whats the best way to track it down, take it to the Western Auto and let them have a go? Will they even look at it if its catless?

Not sure if you can here it in this clip, the only time I can really hear it is driving. Idle sounds fine.
http://rapidshare.de/files/929014/1.AVI.html

i thought the same thing when i put my bassani x on... i'm about 99% positive there is no leak... maybe thats how they sound?

·
The token Asian guy
8,050 Posts
Someone told me once to get a three foot section of hose and stick one end in your ear and use the other end to probe the connections. A leak will be very easily heard and maybe even felt.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it over to the Western Auto, they only had one poor fella in the bays working so they didnt have time to toss it up and give it a full checking out but they did come listen to it and said it didnt sound like any to them. Told em when I was idling it sounded fine but that when i got on the throttle a bit it sounded like a lot of extra noise coming from the front passenger side. They said that gasket probably wasnt squished in perfectly and to drive it and let the pipes heat up and cool down a couple times then tighten all the bolts and clamps up. The more I drive it the more I think I am just being paranoid.

On the positive side its almost as loud as when I started it with nothing but the headers on and set the car alarm off on the neighbor's driveway behind me. That and I think I make as much racket as the firebird that lives across the street so I am happy, lol. :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im a noobiot ...

I found out what was going this afternoon. Put it back on the ramps to retighten and check everything. All that racket under throttle was because I didnt get the passenger o2 in tight enough and it worked itself loose. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts