DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work at texoma ford in durant oklahoma and i put my car in the shop to get my 4.10's put in and the senior master tech told me that my axles and my posi unit was shot. he said that he thought that there was a 31spline explorer posi unit out in the shop that was in perfect shape that i could have for free and he has some spare synthetic rearend fluid and friction modifier that he would also give me and i already had the frpp 8.8 rebuild kit so i had all of the seals and bearing etc and all i had to do is come up with some 31 spline axles that would fit.
so i asked the parts manager what my cost on regular 28 spline axles would be and it was almost $300 so i then called moser and priced their 31 splines and they were $275 shipped with 3 inch studs!!!

so the moral of the story is, is that i took my car to the shop for a 4.10 installed, and i got a practically brand new 31 spline track loc, new bearings and seals through out the whole rear end, 31 spline moser axels, friction modifier, synthetic rear end fluid, and my 4.10's installed all for a little over $400.

just had to let everyone know!!!

james

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
96mustang_james said:
i work at texoma ford in durant oklahoma and i put my car in the shop to get my 4.10's put in and the senior master tech told me that my axles and my posi unit was shot. he said that he thought that there was a 31spline explorer posi unit out in the shop that was in perfect shape that i could have for free and he has some spare synthetic rearend fluid and friction modifier that he would also give me and i already had the frpp 8.8 rebuild kit so i had all of the seals and bearing etc and all i had to do is come up with some 31 spline axles that would fit.
so i asked the parts manager what my cost on regular 28 spline axles would be and it was almost $300 so i then called moser and priced their 31 splines and they were $275 shipped with 3 inch studs!!!

so the moral of the story is, is that i took my car to the shop for a 4.10 installed, and i got a practically brand new 31 spline track loc, new bearings and seals through out the whole rear end, 31 spline moser axels, friction modifier, synthetic rear end fluid, and my 4.10's installed all for a little over $400.

james
it still doesn't change the fact that you are gay and like it in the but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Re: Re: bad luck turned good!

coley said:
it still doesn't change the fact that you are gay and like it in the but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
96mustang_james said:

james
Awsome, those explorer units are strong too!
I've been telling Beej, to do this setup in his car....

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Re: Re: bad luck turned good!

GRAYHORSE said:
Awsome, those explorer units are strong too!
I've been telling Beej, to do this setup in his car....

I am trick. That has been the plan for quite sometime now, it was just a matter of finding one :D Which I did. I will be putting that, and some nice new axles, and 4.30's in :D

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
Re: Re: Re: bad luck turned good!

Beej said:
I am trick. That has been the plan for quite sometime now, it was just a matter of finding one :D Which I did. I will be putting that, and some nice new axles, and 4.30's in :D
Cool, im trying to get some 4.30's put in too. HPP is going to be at the track on Saturday though. Right?

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: bad luck turned good!

GRAYHORSE said:
Cool, im trying to get some 4.30's put in too. HPP is going to be at the track on Saturday though. Right?
ya, prolly if the race is this weekend. I dont know. It may be next week before anything gets done. Maybe next weekend. I am also getting a new intake, tb, and powerpipe to put on next week :D

·
Rookie
14,219 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bad luck turned good!

Beej said:
ya, prolly if the race is this weekend. I dont know. It may be next week before anything gets done. Maybe next weekend. I am also getting a new intake, tb, and powerpipe to put on next week :D
Awsome, we'll have to line them up. :)

Oh, yea. I'm gitting new springs next week! :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What a deal...The guy working the service dept. seems really cool. I'd fill out a great comment card.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts