DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Up in Smoke
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what those who race avg in the 1/4 mile. I haven't run my car but I'm guessing it will go high 12's with a little extra help. I'm hoping to lose a sec when I change out the intake and heads. I think 12's is still fast, but seems everyone here has a 10-11 sec car. Any poor boy racers like me?

· Fear the lawn gnome
4,447 Posts
dont worry my junk is slow too :D maybe a low 13. but im building this car backwards. all i need left to do is a motor and a cage and its good to go.

· Premium Member
5,697 Posts
sleeperLS said:
all i need left to do is a motor and a cage and its good to go.
or so you think ;)

· Up in Smoke
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sleeperLS said:
dont worry my junk is slow too :D maybe a low 13. but im building this car backwards. all i need left to do is a motor and a cage and its good to go.
That's not bad at all. My car is in pretty bad shape. There has been some performance mods done, but I have alot more to do to make it worthy. I like racing for the fun of it and think cars in the 11-13 sec range are the most fun. That's were the avg person is and there are more people to race that way. Not much on bracket racing. I like when you can race whom ever you want.

· Fear the lawn gnome
4,447 Posts
im hopeing for mid 11's with heads cam and a good size shot. i know as the car sits now with a 100 shot on it it ran 8.0 at 86 with a 1.61 60 foot. so a set of afr165's and a cam of choice and a tune and then ill just start sprying it:D

· Premium Member
31,877 Posts
I should be in the mid 11's, but need to learn to hook to the track first. I haven't had better than a 2.4 60 foot yet.:( Damn Eibachs!:mad: :(

· Up in Smoke
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going from a semi fast truck to a fast Mustang. Sounds like you guys aren't doing bad. I'm working on getting the launch down with a carb'd motor and slicks. Damn thing keeps breaking before I can get it to the track though! Street tires are useless. I can't seem to get any traction or find the sweet spot to launch. Can't wait to see everyone's cars run at the cruise.

· Up in Smoke
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrew said:
last time to the track, my average time was a 9.75
That's haulin' azz. Are you running a supercharger on that? Any problems breaking tranny or rearend parts?

· Custom Title
16,584 Posts
Got Boost? said:
I should be in the mid 11's, but need to learn to hook to the track first. I haven't had better than a 2.4 60 foot yet.:( Damn Eibachs!:mad: :(
I've heard those Eibachs screw up the launch, but thought it was just hearsay at first. I had Bsharer put my stock springs back on to raise the car up, (kept scraping the intercooler) so maybe my 60' times will get better? I usually get a 2.0 or maybe 1.9 if I'm lucky! Hmmm, Denton Saturday night maybe???

· Got Lateral G's??
9,573 Posts
Yellowstang, if you go to Denton on Saturday, bring your camera. I need to find out what my car does while I am launching and maybe this time, someone can get it on video!!!!

Average last time at Ennis on 6 runs was a 13.16 with a best of 13.029.

Hunting for 12's baaaaadddd!!!! Is Denton running brackets on Saturday? I forget.

· Up in Smoke
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kaji98Z said:
What do you have pacerunner?
I have an 85 Gt w/a 302 .40 over, header, etc. Has most of the usual stuff. I'm sure once the stock heads and intake are replaced it will open up more. It has the hyperxxxx (? how to spell them) pistons instead of the forged so I'm afraid to spray it. Car has a 125 shot of Nitrous, but I'm waiting until I get forged pistons in it. I'm hoping to get some money together and have Bsharer help me get the basics done. Car needs brakes, etc. No one has to worry about me at the track. Driver and Car both need work. :)

· Custom Title
16,584 Posts
aggie97 said:
Yellowstang, if you go to Denton on Saturday, bring your camera. I need to find out what my car does while I am launching and maybe this time, someone can get it on video!!!!

Average last time at Ennis on 6 runs was a 13.16 with a best of 13.029.

Hunting for 12's baaaaadddd!!!! Is Denton running brackets on Saturday? I forget.
Np problem. Do you have a VHSC tape player? (it's actually a regular sized video cartridge that holdsa compact VHS tape)? If so, I can also give you the VHSC tape at the track, or convert it to mpg format when I get home. I've ben messing around with some editing stuff to try to burn DVD's too. I'll pack up all the camera goodies!

The website doesn't mention bracket races...

Friday Fun-N-Grudge
6:30pm til 12:30am
$10 Admission - $5 Tech card
Saturday Fun-N-Grudge & Test-N-Tune
7pm til 12 midnight
$10 Admission - $5 Tech card

In conjunction with Saturdays Test-N-Tune there will be an electronics class and a no electronics class. (min. 8 cars per class)

Winner 40% of entries
Runner-Up 20% of entries
Semis 10% of entries

Denton Dragway

· heavy weight
281 Posts
bracket race

yes aggie they are running a bracket clas besides the all motor(which they won't let me run in ) and nitrous class.

ken

· Got Lateral G's??
9,573 Posts
yellowstang said:
Np problem. Do you have a VHSC tape player? (it's actually a
I actually do and I will bring a tape for you to use that already has stuff on it.

I am thinking I will try to get there around 6:30 or so.

· heavy weight
281 Posts
classes

dragradialstang , they told me i can run in the nitrous class or bracket class. but not in the motor class. if i ran in the motor class i wouldn't use the bottle.

i know i know you have a blower.

i think your just skeered of a slow heavy pickem up .LOL

ken

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.