DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I gots famous friends
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya think..... I am insane for wanting to keep a 5 speed behind 600 or so ft lbs. or torque?

Will I like driving around with an auto on the street? The Hatch will become a weekend car, and see medium track use....

I sure do like a 5 speed, I was gonna throw a Tremec in there.... am I gonna have major traction issues with 3.08 gears and 275 Drag Radials? I will be putting the heavy duty Torque Arm in there for sure.... just not sure whats gonna happen on the shifts....

Will a build AOD live with 600 Ft lbs of torque?

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
c-4 with 308 wont be bad for cruisin. Just get a reverse valve body, and you can strill shift the gears.

·
Mr. Instigator
6,404 Posts
93LXHORSE said:
Will a build AOD live with 600 Ft lbs of torque?
im not sure on teh tq # but a good buddy of mine has a procharged 306 that had a built AOD.he mad 520ish HP and ran low low 11's wth it.....his name is bigdumbredneck on this board if you want to PM him

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Chris, if you are wanting to do what we talked about the other night then you are going to want to stick with a Tremec. The OD in the AOD can't handle hardly ANY power.

You may also want to check out Hanlon motorpsports, they have a kit that makes a TKo even strionger but it makes 5th gear a .80 ration. Bad for gas mileage but it is going to make 5 th gear much more useable in a highway race since the RPMs won't fall off near as much.

·
I gots famous friends
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AL P said:
Chris, if you are wanting to do what we talked about the other night then you are going to want to stick with a Tremec. The OD in the AOD can't handle hardly ANY power.

You may also want to check out Hanlon motorpsports, they have a kit that makes a TKo even strionger but it makes 5th gear a .80 ration. Bad for gas mileage but it is going to make 5 th gear much more useable in a highway race since the RPMs won't fall off near as much.
I was reading in this month's 5.0 mag that Lentech has some kinda solution to make the AOD beefer... can't remember if it's specifically the OD portion or not....

Maybe Slim87gt can do something with tht Tremec I got my eye on....

Not sure if I could live without rowing gears on a street car...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts