DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone knows of a car wash with a Steam Cleaner. I had a small oil leak which Doc fixed, but I need to clean the underside. I have tried the regular high pressure hose, but it will not come off. This is why I am looking for a steam cleaner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
douse ti with cleaner and put a wet white towel over it and iron it. don't stay on one spot too long. you will get the hang of it and figure it out. you can also clean the carpet in your house like this.

·
Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
Call the companies who clean home carpet ... I know a lot of them will do cars too if you ask them. If nothing else, if you see one of the carpet cleaning vans running around, just ask the driver if he can give you the hookup. I had a friend who cleaned carpets for a while, and he'd steam peoples cars as little side jobs to make some extra cash. Cost in doing so was negligible, so the boss just let him do it as long as it didn't affect his other jobs.

·
None
10,576 Posts
Guys, I don't think he's looking for a carpet cleaner.

Key words:

Car Wash
Oil Leak
Underside
HIGH PRESSURE HOSE

How many people do you know who clean their upholstry with a high pressure hose? :D

He's looking to clean the underside of the CAR and/or ENGINE with a steam cleaner wand .... ala the "Underbody Water jets" you see in some car washes that you have to pay extra for.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
Chris98GT said:
Guys, I don't think he's looking for a carpet cleaner.

Key words:

Car Wash
Oil Leak
Underside
HIGH PRESSURE HOSE

How many people do you know who clean their upholstry with a high pressure hose? :D

He's looking to clean the underside of the CAR and/or ENGINE with a steam cleaner wand .... ala the "Underbody Water jets" you see in some car washes that you have to pay extra for.
Bingo! I was wondering when someone would have noticed that :D

Wish I could help man, I've got a high pressure sprayer at home but not a steam washer.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evil jose said:
Bingo! I was wondering when someone would have noticed that :D

Wish I could help man, I've got a high pressure sprayer at home but not a steam washer.
I may just have to try engine cleaner and the high pressure hose at the car wash if I can't find one.

·
Registered
655 Posts
still, my way is good for carpet.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
if you find one post up, i'd like to clean the dirty side of my shiznit to :)

·
Keep your unicorns
12,375 Posts
They have one at the joint reserve base, formerly Carswell. If you have a friend in the military it's a nice deal. It has a lift and everything.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brandy said:
They have one at the joint reserve base, formerly Carswell. If you have a friend in the military it's a nice deal. It has a lift and everything.
Thanks, I still have the ability to get on post. I'll have to hit that up this week

·
Keep your unicorns
12,375 Posts
Might call first and make sure, it's in the autotech building/hobby shop thingy. It's been a few years since I've been out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.