DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the front page of today's Star Telegram, auto burglary was reduced to a misdemeanor in 94.
HB 35 would increase theft to felony if property stolen is $1500 or more.
HB 144 would increase burglary of auto to felony on second convicton.
HB1324, SB 289, and SB366 would increase burglary of a vehicle to a felony on the third conviction.

HB144 sounds the best to me since you could stay under $1500 forever and according to the article, see little jail time even after 13 convictions.

Hopefully something will pass and remember, you had $1500 worth of stuff! ;)
Contact your state reps!

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
Thank God someone in Austin finally got some sense back. I can't believe that the insurance industry hasn't been down there howling since 94 about this.

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slo95.0 said:
you mean it wasnt before!!!!

WTF!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Nope. The paper says a guy in Ft Worth got convicted 13 times from 3-20-02 to 10-19-04 and was always back on the street. No telling how many he got away with. The article also says some people do 9 days.

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
Within a few months of it going to a misdemeanor in 1994 the rate of BMV (Burg motor vehicle) had increased substantially. There will be a major decrease once the punks figure out a felony does not get a slap on the wrist.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Just remember, right now, theres more harsh penalties right now for spinning your tires than stealing a car.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
talisman said:
Good. I'm tired of coming out to broken windows and missing Alpine CD players. Three times in the last 9 years. :rolleyes:

Like you ever had a car over $1500. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,842 Posts
GE said:
Ain't gonna pass.

Thats not what I hear. Please elaborate.

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GE said:
Ain't gonna pass.
The article said it has a good chance of passing. We could skip all the jail time and costs to the public by cutting hands off. That shit would STOP!

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts

·
Which one's the clutch?
2,313 Posts
im telling you they had the right idea back in the 1800's when they hung you for stealing another mans ride. just start it back up, i bet they wont do it ne more after a few 100 of them get the noose.

·
Is that a Fobra?
2,427 Posts
Would be nice if it passed. Dumb question who should we fax/right letter to get it passed?

<-- Had stereo and car stolen. :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts