DFW 'Stang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a death call for a woman, and I went to pick out her pre-need and the family had it down that Tammy Wynette was supposed to come to our funeral home and sing at her funeral. We were supposed to drive to the air port in a limo and pick her and her husband up. (Well we all know that Tammy died in 1998) But now Collin Ray is supposed to sing....

Well I am bored and waiting on this family to come in and make arrangements and I am just curious- when you pass away, if you could have anyone sing at the funeral , who would it be?


*** I also thought it was neat that Tammy Wynette came to our funeral home in 1984. Her lead guitarist daughter fell off the back of a motorcycle and died, so Tammy herself paid for the entire funeral. She told my grandfather she takes care of her employees every need. There has been a bunch of famous people up here but none that have been that sweet, lol.
 

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
Joined
·
18,683 Posts
Tom Waits - considering he's still alive when I die.
 

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
Joined
·
13,472 Posts
Since I don't know who will still be alive when I die, I'll say Johny Cash.
 

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
Joined
·
18,683 Posts
Shit, he's dead already.
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want the bag pipes played at mine. For someone to sing, I guess the only famous people I could get that are friends of our family would be Mercy Me (My mom cleans 2 of there band members houses) or Collin Ray.
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ted said:
It would only be fitting to have AC/DC singing Highway to Hell
I always said that I was going to use that at my wedding while I was walking down the aisle. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
trigen said:
Dropkick Murphys doing Amazing Grace would be pretty kick ass....

Good one!

I still get choked up when I hear amazing grace on the bagpipes since we had pipers at my brother's funeral.
 

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
Joined
·
14,997 Posts
I don't care, as long as the person who officiates the funeral ACTUALLY knew me. I hate it when they start, "Well, I didn't know (insert name) . . . " :mad:

When I was in the 6th grade, I went to a great-aunt's funeral and the guy kept pronouncing her name wrong, during the entire service :mad:
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who Needs 8 said:
I don't care, as long as the person who officiates the funeral ACTUALLY knew me. I hate it when they start, "Well, I didn't know (insert name) . . . " :mad:

When I was in the 6th grade, I went to a great-aunt's funeral and the guy kept pronouncing her name wrong, during the entire service :mad:
Yeah, I notice that a lot. If they don't know a preacher, I dont understand why a family member couldnt do it? I know it would be hard, but atleast some distant relative or something.
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shemmy said:
Good one!

I still get choked up when I hear amazing grace on the bagpipes since we had pipers at my brother's funeral.
I'm sorry, I choke up too when I hear bag pipes. At my great-grandpas they did the 21 gun salute, Taps and the jet flew over and all that stuff. That gets to me everytime we do it.
 

·
I have tasted freedom!
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
If I die any time soon, then Amy Lee from Evanesence....I just went to a funeral last week and the guy was only 25. His two brothers and sister and dad sang for him. It was really sad but really awesome.
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vickie83 said:
If I die any time soon, then Amy Lee from Evanesence....I just went to a funeral last week and the guy was only 25. His two brothers and sister and dad sang for him. It was really sad but really awesome.
He was so young:( Thats awesome, but I dont think I could have done that.
 

·
I have tasted freedom!
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Undertaker said:
He was so young:( Thats awesome, but I dont think I could have done that.
yea...his brothers and sister did ok but his dad had to sit down b/c he couldn't finish.
 

·
I love Meat.
Joined
·
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ted said:
who am I kidding, I will never die
Damnit, are you serious! :mad: j/k
 
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top