DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about buying a new tahoe, or maybe even an expedition. (my wife favors the tahoe) i was just wondering if anyone knows any info about what all incentives each of the dealers have right now, and what kind of stock that they have. i have heard that ford has some customer loyalty incentives, and chevy has 0% financing, etc. also, let me know of the good dealerships around. i don't usually purchase chevrolet products, so i don't know the good dealerships from the bad ones as far as they go. anyway, thanks for the help.:)

brad

·
Television taste funny
3,249 Posts
If you can live with/or find an '02 Chevy Tahoe they are offering 60 months at 0% interest.

or

SALEEN449
Skip Harmon
Sales Manager
Five Star Ford
NRH,TX

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96MYSTIC said:
If you can live with/or find an '02 Chevy Tahoe they are offering 60 months at 0% interest.

or

SALEEN449
Skip Harmon
Sales Manager
Five Star Ford
NRH,TX
i pm'd him, i'll give five star ford a call, and see if he is working right now as well.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
We got our Tahoe at Reliable Chev.

They have always been pretty good to us.

Ours is a 2000, that year, it was hands down better then the Expedition. I do like the electric third seat in the Expedition this year, although I think the Tahoe still handles alot better.

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01WhiteCobra said:
We got our Tahoe at Reliable Chev.

They have always been pretty good to us.

Ours is a 2000, that year, it was hands down better then the Expedition. I do like the electric third seat in the Expedition this year, although I think the Tahoe still handles alot better.
mike (96mystic) was telling me about that, it sounds really cool.:D i know i'd be standing in the back of the expedition with the back opened up playing with the electric seat. :D lol

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
mike (96mystic) was telling me about that, it sounds really cool.:D i know i'd be standing in the back of the expedition with the back opened up playing with the electric seat. :D lol
We use/don't use the 3rd seat alot, its a pain to get them in and out. Having it fold into the floor would be way cool.

I know the Expedition had a make over this year, so I don't know how much of this still holds.

But, the Tahoe (in LT) trim was making about 35-40 more horses (285 in the 5.3L) more than the Expedition and was lighter.

The Tahoe, when we test drove both, just seemed alot more solid and handle must better, with power on tap at all ranges.

But, you do need the 5.3L in the Tahoe. Even though it has only 10 more HP than the 4.8, it has 35 lbs more torque.

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01WhiteCobra said:
We use/don't use the 3rd seat alot, its a pain to get them in and out. Having it fold into the floor would be way cool.

I know the Expedition had a make over this year, so I don't know how much of this still holds.

But, the Tahoe (in LT) trim was making about 35-40 more horses (285 in the 5.3L) more than the Expedition and was lighter.

The Tahoe, when we test drove both, just seemed alot more solid and handle must better, with power on tap at all ranges.

But, you do need the 5.3L in the Tahoe. Even though it has only 10 more HP than the 4.8, it has 35 lbs more torque.
my brother-in-law told me the same thing about the two engines. i didn't know the tq. numbers, but he said that the 5.3 had only 10more hp., but it felt like alot more than the 4.8.

·
Grapevine Ford
2,907 Posts
Hey guys,
Trying to stay within the guidelines of the forum, but due to popular demand here is the deal.....I am a sales manager at Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills TX. The current big promo we are running is 8000 off MSRP of all eddie bauer expeditions and 6500 off all XLT's. 7000 off all Lariat F-150 Supercrews and 5500 off all XLT's. This is a flat no gimmick deal. Not just one in stock at this price or"several to choose from" BUT EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN ONE OF THESE TRUCKS ON MY LOT.

I will do anything I can to help you guys get into the vehicles you want as I am a fellow gearhead and Ford lover.

You guys can reach me anytime at 817-319-2298, it's my cell and I make it available to all of our customers.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Have you ever considered the Sequioas? They are very quiet and smooth and donot drive like a truck at all, and they are ranked number one in resell value and quality. Go out and drive one before you make your decision.

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Erfan Z28 said:
Have you ever considered the Sequioas? They are very quiet and smooth and donot drive like a truck at all, and they are ranked number one in resell value and quality. Go out and drive one before you make your decision.
i'm old school, man. i want a good 'ole american V8.:D

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
i'm old school, man. i want a good 'ole american V8.:D
Thats cool, the Sequioa has a all aluminum 4.7L DOHC 32V V8 with 245 HP and 310 torque, it is derived from the Lexus engine and it is smooth as silk and has a lot of low end torque and good top end. The interior is thought out and very nice, just go out to your local dealership and try one out. Just to say you considered all your options.

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Erfan Z28 said:
Thats cool, the Sequioa has a all aluminum 4.7L DOHC 32V V8 with 245 HP and 310 torque, it is derived from the Lexus engine and it is smooth as silk and has a lot of low end torque and good top end. The interior is thought out and very nice, just go out to your local dealership and try one out. Just to say you considered all your options.
i might go check it out, but usually toyota and the other japanese companies don't offer alot of incentives, but you never know.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
i might go check it out, but usually toyota and the other japanese companies don't offer alot of incentives, but you never know.
The reason is that Toyota sells, they really dont need to offer huge incentives. But you will be surprised what a dealership will do to earn your buisness on a new vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts