DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
3,038 Posts
texasdogman said:
how do the svo x303 heads compare to like a afr 165 or maybe an edelbrock performer head? Do they flow or make any more horse power than a gt40 or gt40p head?
better than stock iron or gt 40's.i have afr's

· Registered
313 Posts
Hard Time

Just a little subjective opinion here...

I had some for sale a while back when I put AFRs on. A whole lot of people trash talked them when I was asking $300 for the fully assembled pair. The big comment was that for the same money they could have GT40 heads or used Eddies. Now I couldn't tell you one way or the other because I am no racer or master builder, but the consencus on this site was pretty overwhelming in favor of the others.

Like I said, just a subjective thought I had to share.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
x303s

What is a good price for a set of used svo aluminum x303 heads? and what kind of horse power should they make on a stock short block with an e cam and an edelbrock performer 5.0 intake 70 mm tb and 76 mm mass air with 30lb injectors?with under drive pulleys and long tube with off road hpipe? I would like to get a little over 300hp

· Banned
31,053 Posts
To Many Mustangs said:
Just a little subjective opinion here...

I had some for sale a while back when I put AFRs on. A whole lot of people trash talked them when I was asking $300 for the fully assembled pair. The big comment was that for the same money they could have GT40 heads or used Eddies. Now I couldn't tell you one way or the other because I am no racer or master builder, but the consencus on this site was pretty overwhelming in favor of the others.

Like I said, just a subjective thought I had to share.
what are you talking about? X303's are GT40 heads... they're aluminum SVO heads

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the guy want like $700 for them with crane 1.6 roller rockers. He said they only have about 300 miles on the set. If any one on here has a good set of aluminum heads for sale resonable let me know. They will be going on a basicly stock 91 5.0 with the above mentioned stuff

· Registered
313 Posts
Oops

Sorry, I got to typing an stopped watching what I typed there.
I MEANT to say that people were downing my old GT40/SVO heads that I had up saying that used Eddies and AFRs are better for the money than the $300 I was asking for my old SVOs.

NOT that I care at all, because I sold them anyway and love the AFRs I used in their place. This site is simply loaded with trash talking typo hounds isn't it!?

· Premium Member
1,240 Posts
The GT40X heads are better than the GT40 or P irons--larger valves, less weight, etc.

For the $$ you would spend on a new set ($1000-1100), you can get better results from AFR's or TFS heads, among others. That's why most people on DFWstangs say they suck and you should go w/ something else.

Shoot, I'd have bought them for $300 if I'd seen that deal!!!!!

· Premium Member
5,347 Posts
supercharged5.0 said:
IMO... They are better then an Edelbrock performer anyday.

sorry but have to butt in...

my Edelbrock Performer, 2.02", pedestal mount rockers made 502 rwhp with 14 psi of boost. Seriously doubt X303 would even make near 425 rwhp with same boost and the rest.

X303s are just alum GT40s. Good heads but not as good as AFR, Edelbrock, TFS. Sorry.

· Banned
31,053 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
I had a friend that had a set of GT40-X heads on his car and made 265rwhp. He put an out of the box set of TFS-TW heads on it and changed nothing else and made 285rwhp. It wouldn't be worth it to me to swap heads for 20rwhp but it was to him.
I made 328rwhp w/ box TW's :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts