DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
-----------------------
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The damn headliner is hanging down. It is starting to bug me becuase it rubs my head when I have the windows down. I have a sunroof as well. Is it tough to replace or should I have it done? If so where and how much should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Im not sure about Fox bodies, but a buddy of mine has an '89 WS6, and his isnt hard at all. The cost was about $150 I believe, but Im not sure about yours with the sunroof and all. That might be kinda tough.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I had that happen on my cutlass. I tried the spray adhesive, and that didn't work. You have to replace the liner, in case you were considering options. I ended up trading mine in before I got around to fixing it. Short term fix was to use staples to tack it up. Yes, I know that's lame, but I was really broke at the time...

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
OMFG... it's SO easy...

pull the headliner board out and pull the fabric off...

go to Hancock Fabrics and ask them where the headliner material is... get enough to cover the board.

then get some headliner spray adhesive at Autozone or whatever and follow the instructions...

I did one on my coupe... night and day... might cost you $20 or so.

Forrest

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Forrest said:
OMFG... it's SO easy...

pull the headliner board out and pull the fabric off...

go to Hancock Fabrics and ask them where the headliner material is... get enough to cover the board.

then get some headliner spray adhesive at Autozone or whatever and follow the instructions...

I did one on my coupe... night and day... might cost you $20 or so.

Forrest
Where is Hancock Fabrics? I live in Arlington BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.