DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an AIM Convo:
"Oh one more thing how do you see a 390hp V8 beating a supercharged 5.7L hemi? Dont forget with no supercharger we got 345 HP"

This was in regards to a Hemi truck racing an 03/04 Cobra.

Possible QOTD material?

·
"R" Code
1,960 Posts
I know a guy who ran a new hemi single cab ram at the track stock @ 10.02 i was told. my 11yo stock L putting 224/306 at the wheels ran a 10.06 backed by a 10.02...so yeah...supercharged hemi vs a cobra? cobra will take the win flag

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
highest average horsepower+ highest torque + highest traction + lowest weight = always wins =p

Anyway, that guy is a dumbass. Only thing that can beat cobras is chebby duramax's =)

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
My friend bought a hemi truck when it first came out. He was told by the people at the dealership:rolleyes:that with Cold Air, and some tuning he'd be taking out Cobras.

·
DFWStangs' Patron Saint
6,599 Posts
They have to convince themselves that their ill-handling overweight piece of shit is fast after finding out it isn't a real hemi.

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I felt bad when I had to tell him he would be the luckiest mother if he hit the dyno and actually put down 270rwhp. :)

·
GROWED UP WRONG
7,413 Posts
poopnut2 said:
My friend bought a hemi truck when it first came out. He was told by the people at the dealership:rolleyes:that with Cold Air, and some tuning he'd be taking out Cobras.
From what I have heard is that the new computers will re-calibrate after type of after market CAI....

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
poopnut2 said:
Maybe a 94-95 Cobra. :D

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
Dolomite said:
They have to convince themselves that their ill-handling overweight piece of shit is fast after finding out it isn't a real hemi.
i know nothing about hemis, but what do you mean? i thought that they used the same "hemi" combustion chamber design.:confused:

Good_Ole_Red said:
I felt bad when I had to tell him he would be the luckiest mother if he hit the dyno and actually put down 270rwhp. :)
my cousin has one, and it has a lot of pep, for a truck, but it's not taking out cobras...lol

brad

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trigen said:
From what I have heard is that the new computers will re-calibrate after type of after market CAI....
They have the worst computers any vehicle can have for aftermarket stuff. Main reason why they don't have a lot of SC setups and programmers really dont do shit is because they can't get around the computer.

·
GROWED UP WRONG
7,413 Posts
I have a Hemi, it does have enough power to get out of peoples way, but as far as beating any quick car, it aint happening....

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Good_Ole_Red said:
They have the worst computers any vehicle can have for aftermarket stuff. Main reason why they don't have a lot of SC setups and programmers really dont do shit is because they can't get around the computer.
They just need to spend the extra money and buy a DFI setup.

Then they dont have that BS Mopar computer to deal with.

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dacotua said:
They just need to spend the extra money and buy a DFI setup.

Then they dont have that BS Mopar computer to deal with.
Yeah but all the SC and programmer manufacturers aren't looking to provide something that is only going to work when you buy something totally else. Most people are looking for that one shot answer and package. Most companies haven't figured out that answer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
cool cat said:
Maybe a 94-95 Cobra. :D
I dunno. That would be close.

I'd only put money on the truck if it was racing a 78 Cobra. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts