DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,194 Posts
RRA and CMMG are both quality AR mfgs and suppliers etc.

However, Im not up on pricing in the AR game.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Any local shops around here to pick up a lower?

Im planning on building an AR in the next few weeks, looking for an Armalite, Bushmaster, or maybe a Rock River...

Found some good prices here, but he doesnt have a storefront, you have to order it and get it shipped to a local FFL... :rolleyes: :(
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html

·
Meeeeooowww
20,309 Posts
PooterWS6 said:
Any local shops around here to pick up a lower?

Im planning on building an AR in the next few weeks, looking for an Armalite, Bushmaster, or maybe a Rock River...

Found some good prices here, but he doesnt have a storefront, you have to order it and get it shipped to a local FFL... :rolleyes: :(
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html
Robbie is at all the gun shows.

CTD! sometimes has complete lowers, but you will be paying more.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
ALLAN said:
Robbie is at all the gun shows.

CTD! sometimes has complete lowers, but you will be paying more.
Yeah, but im assuming because he makes you ship it to a FFL you still cant just pick it up from him at the gunshow? Or can you? (Is it a problem of him doing background checks, or ?)
I just didnt really want to mess with doing that because by the time I pay the $16 shipping, plus $25 FFL transfer, and state tax, I wouldnt really be saving much over just messing with a mail order lower from out of state... :eek:

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
I have ordered from this guy many times scott-

http://www.ar15sales.com/rracomp.htm

His name is pete and he has 100% feedback on ar15.com. His prices are so low that the other sellers got mad at him for posting them, so you have to call him up. Nice guy, and the best prices I have seen by far on quality Rock River parts.

And never buy a complete rifle or even a "half" at that. Its so much cheaper, and VERY easy to start with a stripped lower reciever and assemble the rifle to your liking. I didnt use any specialty tools for the entire lower either, albeit the upper will require a barrel vice (30 bucks).

As far as brands go, Rock River has the tightest tolerances and just good awarded a 5 year contract with the DEA, FBI, and CIA. I figure if its got enough for them, it ought to be good enough for me!

If your going to be in DFW over the break scott, your more than welcome to shoot it, or after the break I can bring it down. LMK

·
Registered
609 Posts
PooterWS6 said:
Yeah, but im assuming because he makes you ship it to a FFL you still cant just pick it up from him at the gunshow? Or can you? (Is it a problem of him doing background checks, or ?)

I ordered a High Standard lower over the phone from them and picked it up at the next gun in FW. Just did the standard background check and I was out the door. He also had a bunch of them on the table. Looks like he will be at Market Hall Jan 5-6.

Wayne in FW

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how cheap can you realistically build one? used bushmasters run about 750 which is in the ball park that id spend on one. One guy is selling his upper for 150...

·
Meeeeooowww
20,309 Posts
PooterWS6 said:
I just didnt really want to mess with doing that because by the time I pay the $16 shipping, plus $25 FFL transfer, and state tax, I wouldnt really be saving much over just messing with a mail order lower from out of state... :eek:
1)You walk in to the show
2) Find Robbies table.
3)Pic the lower you want
4) Fill out the form 4473
5) They call NICS
6) you go home with a new lower. :D

He is just like every other dealer at the shows. They have credit card machines and phones lines.

·
Meeeeooowww
20,309 Posts
srt-4_i_swear said:
how cheap can you realistically build one? used bushmasters run about 750 which is in the ball park that id spend on one. One guy is selling his upper for 150...
$210 for a complete lower and $360 for an Armalite upper.
At least that's what my sister just did.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
ALLAN said:
1)You walk in to the show
2) Find Robbies table.
3)Pic the lower you want
4) Fill out the form 4473
5) They call NICS
6) you go home with a new lower. :D

He is just like every other dealer at the shows. They have credit card machines and phones lines.
Sweet, good deal! I was just unsure if he did the paperwork or not, his website kinda makes it sound like you need to have your paperwork done at the FFL youre picking it up at...(even if youre local)
Sure wish he was going to another gun show besides the 5/6th, I wont be here...:(

So far, hes the best deal ive found on complete lowers...(Ill probably just order an Armalite/M4 stock) complete for $240 aint bad....

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
srt-4_i_swear said:
does that include everything but mags?
If you buy the two "parts" complete, yes...
You will need a stock with your lower, but thats no biggie...

Mags(30rnd) are in the $10 range right now I believe, but sometimes go up and down in price...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hell not bad at all. Once i get some cash together i might just have to build one myself. I think id make it a varminter.

·
I'll miss you Heather :(
3,755 Posts
ALLAN said:
$210 for a complete lower and $360 for an Armalite upper.
At least that's what my sister just did.
i'm looking at the CMMG for $240 (with M4 stock)...

haven't decided on the upper... hell, no christmas present this year, i'll get it on the 5th when the gun show comes to town :D :cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts