DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new ram900 disc from a friend to use with the normal ram heavy-duty pressure plate. When I went to install it, the disc was too thick for the pressure plate to mount flush to the fly wheel. I assumed the 900 sires pressure plate was designed to accommodate the extra thickness of the 900disc. Since no one sells just the 900 pressure plate here local I decided to buy a McLeod disc because I have heard of several people using them with regular pressure plates, but once I got the McLeod it seems to be just as thick as the 900 disc?

Anyone have a clue? People at USA tell me it will work because they have used it on king cobra pressure plate. I would hate to get it all apart again and find out it will not fit.

· Along for the ride
6,569 Posts
i can't really answer your question but i'm using a McCleod disc with a FRPP heavy duty pressure plate. i've only had this setup for about 2 weeks but i love it. sorry i can't help more. good luck.

marcus

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I have head allot of people using that set-up thats why assummed i it would work with my pressure plate.

· The Stock Vert Club
1,984 Posts
it's the exact same pressure plate that D&D gives you with the kit. They recommend the ford racing heavy duty pp and that is the same as the ram hd pp... they are both valeo...

So yes.. you can use that and as long as the pp is in good shape it will work quite nicely :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.