·
I'm # 209
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Children's Nursery Rhyme Triggers Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
excerpt: (CNSNews.com) - A Southwest Airlines flight attendant's use of a
popular children's rhyme - "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe" - has resulted in a
federal racial discrimination lawsuit against the airline filed by two African
American women asking for unspecified financial damages.
One of the two women suing over the allegedly offensive nursery rhyme claims
hearing the rhyme caused her to be bedridden for three days and suffer from
"unexplained memory gaps," according to court documents.
The trial was supposed to start Tuesday in Kansas City, Kan., but U.S. District
Court Judge Kathryn Vratil delayed the case until Sept. 29.
Southwest Airline passengers Louise Sawyer and Grace Fuller allege they suffered
racial discrimination on the flight in February 2001 when flight attendant
Jennifer Cundiff said over the plane's intercom, "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe;
pick a seat, we gotta go." The two women say they were the only passengers
standing in the aisle at the time.
I heard earlier this week the lawsuit was dismissed finally. Suprised they didn't win:rolleyes:

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
CobraChic said:
Why do minorities always use everything they can to claim descrimination..

At least The lady didn't say niggger!
I always heard it with "Catch a Tiger by the toe"

·
not exclude
9,838 Posts
Something bad happens to a minority, and the less educated often jump to racism...it's an easy out. Plus, people are greedy and racism has proved profitable.

I'm reminded of Terrell Bolton, that guy who was on PCP and attacked the officers, etc...

Nevermind the fact that Bolton conveniently led a police force of the city with the highest murder rates in the nation, and they grew that way under him. Nevermind the fact he was on top of the dry wall scandals. I remember after Bolton was fired, some moron was protesting outside of City Hall with a big sign that said, "Benavides is a *******!" :rolleyes:

And those people that were related to the big black guy who was doped up on PCP and attacked the officers...his family members sure were fast to jump to his side when they could sue the city...but where were they when he was walking the streets drugged up on PCP? Maybe we should sue them for letting that guy into our society? :mad:

I can't decide which pisses me off more, the actual racists themselves or the people who exploit a culture's racism for sympathy and profit.

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
Just makes them look fucking retarded. If something disatisfactory happens to a black person by a white person, its racism. Get a fucking clue. I'm not racist at all, but its not hard to point out the stupid ones.

·
not exclude
9,838 Posts
jeffyd's93 said:
I've read elsewere that the original ryme was "catch a [email protected]#er by the toe". Later changed to the more politically correct "tiger by the toe". That was the reason they called it "discrimination". :rolleyes:
LMAO. So the poem is changed TO AVOID RACISM and THEN they claim racism? Wtf? :confused:

·
Registered
240 Posts
this week the judge threw out the lawsuit saying it had no merit.

·
Mach 1 | 32 V
5,469 Posts
BS on the "unexplained memory gaps and bed ridden for three days" good god the lady wasn't being rude, GET OVER IT! :rolleyes:

·
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !
1,519 Posts
exlude said:
Something bad happens to a minority, and the less educated often jump to racism...it's an easy out. Plus, people are greedy and racism has proved profitable.

I'm reminded of Terrell Bolton, that guy who was on PCP and attacked the officers, etc...

Nevermind the fact that Bolton conveniently led a police force of the city with the highest murder rates in the nation, and they grew that way under him. Nevermind the fact he was on top of the dry wall scandals. I remember after Bolton was fired, some moron was protesting outside of City Hall with a big sign that said, "Benavides is a *******!" :rolleyes:

And those people that were related to the big black guy who was doped up on PCP and attacked the officers...his family members sure were fast to jump to his side when they could sue the city...but where were they when he was walking the streets drugged up on PCP? Maybe we should sue them for letting that guy into our society? :mad:

I can't decide which pisses me off more, the actual racists themselves or the people who exploit a culture's racism for sympathy and profit.

you got that right.... its just totally pathetic ! I hate that shit... but it was all over our office back when I was "in office" now that I work from home.... it is even worse. when certain individuals dont meet there goals daily. its racism ! Oh, Im sorry, but who didnt do their job .... we all work from home and we each have a goal to meet. no way to get around it. I had a meeting with my supervisor this last week and he told me that a woman had told him that the internet provider was racist against black people and thats why she didnt meet her goal ! lol Stupidity at its best ! Rob

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
5.0_CJ said:
Just makes them look fucking retarded. If something disatisfactory happens to a black person by a white person, its racism. Get a fucking clue. I'm not racist at all, but its not hard to point out the stupid ones.
I am so tired of all the crap that is called racism. Almost all of the people that claim they were discriminated against, don't have a clue what discrimination is.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
94cobrastang said:
One of the two women suing over the allegedly offensive nursery rhyme claims
hearing the rhyme caused her to be bedridden for three days and suffer from
"unexplained memory gaps," according to court documents.
Yeah right :rolleyes:

yellowstang said:
I always heard it with "Catch a Tiger by the toe"
Me too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts