DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a magazine like maybe hot rod or something had a story about a Pantera that was bad ass. It had lots of titanium suspension parts. I think I read that thing 10 times. Anyone know what I am talking about?

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Red, chrome EVERYTHING in the engine bay, 427 SOHC with TTs, and spray. Haven't seen it surface on the web though.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me get this straight. This car was a featured car in a magazine and we cant find shit about it on the internets? Did this car ever actually get driven? I remember it had some techno stuff inside too.
I think the 427 SOHC was the best motor ever built by Ford. Didn't they use them in top fuel for a while?

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
I've seen a twin turbo pantera up at kellers but i dont remember if it was red
I grew up in Cedar Hill and there is a guy with a dark purple one there with TTs (it's on ebay often) and there is/was another TT Pantera in Ovilla. It started out black, but was yellow when finished. Built by Ray Chovanetz, I worked for him when he was building it, cool crazy old dude, not sure if he still has the car.

·
Hunt James for President
4,779 Posts
I still say Mad Dog sucks all the cock he can find! That makes him a cock sucker.
ummmm i say that cocksucker can kick your ass while he's sucking your cock.

But it was the Silver State that was the car’s undoing as well. In the 1999 event, the car caught fire and was severely burnt. Antenucci, a former combat Green Beret, who served and was wounded in Viet Nam, is not so easily defeated.

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is the only info I can find about it on the web.

"With this day and age of blowers and turbo set-ups, does anyone know whatever happened to a car called Megabuck? It was in Popular Hot Rodding about 15-20 years ago. The guys last name was Stewart and he bought with a twin turbo 427 cammer motor in it. He was going to try and set a new world record with it and go near 300mph. Thanks for any help you can give."

·
Freethinker
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the only info I can find about it on the web.

"With this day and age of blowers and turbo set-ups, does anyone know whatever happened to a car called Megabuck? It was in Popular Hot Rodding about 15-20 years ago. The guys last name was Stewart and he bought with a twin turbo 427 cammer motor in it. He was going to try and set a new world record with it and go near 300mph. Thanks for any help you can give."
I bet the reason they didn't want to pursue anything was the Pantera was not aerodynamically inclined.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
I bet the reason they didn't want to pursue anything was the Pantera was not aerodynamically inclined.
Uhh, you just took 3 months to reply to... yourself? :wtf:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
3,232 Posts
The Pantera has good aero to probably 165ish.... my guess is any faster, it likely develops too much lift in the front and also has some problems with the rear deck tunnel/engine compartment cover.

I'm sure some have gone a little faster, years ago, seems like Hall Pantera had one in Bonneville trim that did 184 mph.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

mardyn

Attachments

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
I remember a magazine like maybe hot rod or something had a story about a Pantera that was bad ass. It had lots of titanium suspension parts. I think I read that thing 10 times. Anyone know what I am talking about?

I like the phrase in your sig!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the car in which you speak. Original build was started in a small shop in Azusa CA.
This is the first magazine it was in after a trip to Pebble Beach before it was completed. These are scans of the magazine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts