DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the old schoolers out there. They were located over on Division (180) in Arlington, about a mile west of Bowen. I purchased my first Mustang there in the fall of 1992. It was a midnight blue 1991 LX 5.0 hatch.

Of course it was a theft recovery, but it only had 8,800 miles on it and I got a great price. :D Anyone remember this crowd? To say that their business practices were a little on the shady side would be an understatement. Whatever happened to these guys?

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Almost bought a 93 (?) Limited Edition Yellow Convertible from them myself back in 94 or so :(

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
whiteboy said:
i didnt know mexicans bought cars? thought they stoled them?
You must be more Messican than I am :D

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
dragradialstang said:
Obanion was very shady. Charlie the owner of USA used to work for them.
Didn't know that. Didn't he buy them out when Obanion get sick?

whiteboy said:
didnt know that about charlie? lol jose please us ******'s dont do that stuff!!!
At least this Messican can spell and punctuate better than you ****** :D

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
so i hung out with to many mexicans that why!!! shit cops would bust all them and never me lol it was great!!!

·
turn it!
8,260 Posts
evil jose said:
Didn't know that. Didn't he buy them out when Obanion get sick?

At least this Messican can spell and punctuate better than you ****** :D
No he started out on his own after that, same with Shane. Whiteboy knows who i'm talking about. Shane was always real cool!

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
whiteboy said:
so i hung out with to many mexicans that why!!! shit cops would bust all them and never me lol it was great!!!
I "act" white so I'm safe as well :D

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
The only people I've seen that could literally take two halves of a car, and put one together. "Shady" is an understatement. There is a long list of stories about that place...They make USA look like Sewell Village Cadillac.

·
turn it!
8,260 Posts
Vertnut said:
The only people I've seen that could literally take two halves of a car, and put one together. "Shady" is an understatement. There is a long list of stories about that place...They make USA look like Sewell Village Cadillac.
LOL! exactly, last time I saw The Obanions the were selling used motorhomes, wonder if they were spliced together?

·
Premium Member
4,671 Posts
I bought my 1st stang from them back in 95. it was a black coupe w/ a reconditioned title. If I had it to do over I would have never bought it but I was able to sell it someone for what I paid a yr later. Never buy a pieced together car;)

·
Pogue Mahone!!!!!!
1,456 Posts
The mustang is still on the roof of that place. Hell ya, shady is an understatement. What a rip off they were. Can't imagine why they went out of business.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CyaNide said:
The mustang is still on the roof of that place.
Yep, it's a horribly faded red GT convertible. I drive by that piece almost daily.

It's now some kind of aerospace office of some sort.

I'm looking around for the pics of that first Stang. It was a clean car, but when I bought it the airbag light was on. Being 16 years old and not giving a damn, it wasn't until after I crashed it did I realize that there wasn't a damn airbag in there at all!

It was an A0D and had the 2.73 rear end. At the time it was one of the quickest vehicles at Martin HS. :D Gawd we've come a long way.

·
Premium Member
4,671 Posts
DfwSHO said:
I'm looking around for the pics of that first Stang. It was a clean car, but when I bought it the airbag light was on. Being 16 years old and not giving a damn, it wasn't until after I crashed it did I realize that there wasn't a damn airbag in there at all!
same here bought when I was 16 and didnt care. Wrecked it and no air bag.....no more wrecked cars and if I wreck mine im selling it!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think thats the place I bought my old 92 F150 from. It was a theft recovery. I bought it in 95, before I moved to Michigan.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts