DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I started to sand my trickflow and its a killer on the arms. Im thinking of jsut getting it done professionally. Anyone know of a local guy?

The damn trickflow has is poorly casted and has tons of pits in the metal. I have been sanding for 4 hours by hand and still havent finished the top half with 60grit.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I worked on my Edelbrock RPM for 25-30 hrs before it started looking decent. Not a DIY job IMHO. I don't know of anyone locally, but I feel your pain.

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my damn arm is killing me... tomorrow im going to buy a damn electric sander

Any pics of your intake? Im having problems with deep scratching from the 60 grit. I think I will have to do 60,80,125,400,600 before I polish.

Here is SVTJosh's intke that inspired me.... I want my trickflow to look as nice as his.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,186 Posts
I never would have started that job with just my hand and some sand paper...

·
Registered
655 Posts
damn! that looks sweet! he do that himself?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Whats wrong with spray paint ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
i still like the polished

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
didn't say there wasn't.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
I even did it on my exhaust componets, total cost, about $10, total time, about 2 hours.

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah...something about spraypaint just dosent look as nice..

I got a damn dual action sander today and its eating it up and getting it smooth. damn small parts are going to be a bitch with a dremel but its worth it to me... cant turn around now...

that was the hand sanding... its amazing how a sander doesnt make your arm sore...

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
whiteboy said:
spray paint looks like cheap shit!!!!!
How do you figure? Everything I've done looks bad ass....

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
abex - spraypaint just cant compare to chrome or polished aluminium... it looks nice, just like a mirror.

·
Registered
655 Posts
how d oi do it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.